Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-23-2008, 02:23 AM   #1
Fully Optimized
Default Video game violence...

Does it really cause people to do crazy, idiotic things? I really need everyone's opinions for a project. Please give a detailed opinion. Not just no, or yes. If everyone gave a few sentences, that would be wonderful.

Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:09 AM   #2
Default Re: Video game violence...

I think sometimes people who play too much, especially online games as WOW or LineAge, amake no difference between virtual and real worlds, and may do things which are really crazy.

Try to play one game the whole night and you will see its items everywhere...

e-pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:21 AM   #3
Daemon Poster

no, it doesnt, its the parents that dont raise there kid's right that make the kids have the problem. to tired to explain more =\
Jesus died for me and you.
AMD Athlon II 250 3.6ghz | ASRock N68C-S | Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3850 PCI-E 512MB | SteelSeries Siberia USB Soundcard | Western Digital 250GB | LOGISYS 575watt PSU | Crucial 2GB ram DDR3
Fanatic4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:56 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Well, take this from a 13 year old who loves to game. Games may make us do some things. Like by seeing someone in a game do an awesome thing, you may want to copy that action irl.

But in general, no, video games don't make people do crazy things or make people go on the streets and kill random people because they though GTA IV was awesome and there favourite game.

It also depends on the person. I mean an intelligent person would think about their actions.
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #5
Site Team
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

There is one guy, who has tried to sue Rockstar on almost every game they make... Can't remember his name right now... I'm sure someone can help me out...
Well anyway, he lost every single case. All his cases were saying that games like Manhunt and GTA were causing kids to go out killing. In one case, he tried to blame a murder on Manhunt. Well, the murderer had never even played a PS2, the victim it was found had played Manhunt.
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote