Video Game Violence

They shouldn't be held responsible.
Most people see me as a normal person. I never will kill anyone in real life.
Yet I played Hitman wharn I was 13. And GTA 3 since I was about 13 and I am a normal person.

Well I had to do something JUST like this, It goes like this.. They help teenagers releive their stress in a way that doesnt affect the community. Sure it can brainwash children in thinking it is ok, But thats why we have a rating system; DONT LET THEM PLAY! Then there is the fact that The People that do go off and kill people, and happen to play those games, studies show 75% of them were entertaining the thoughts of murder BEFORE they played the games.

Also, Oddly enough, Some people play the games and if they were ever to be put in the situation to act on impulse and kill someone, They have seen it first hand. Most likely have died in-game, And if Dying in a game sucks so bad immagine doing it in-life, The Human mind is a very peculiar thing.

Hope I helped

noooooo, it's not a parenting problem...blame the video games. BS
parents should be watching what their kids are doing, and not letting them play these games. sure, if they play them they might think it's alright to kill someone or drink or do drugs, but thats where the parent should step in, take the game away and get rid of it. video game companies have the right to make their games any way they like, as long as they put the proper rating on it and the stores don't let kids buy the games.

then you have these parents who just don't care, and buy this stuff for their kids and let them play it, these are the kids who are getting this mentality that this make believe stuff on video games is right.
blaming the video game designers is just a cheap excuse for bad parenting.

Parents should know what games their kids are buying and know what it's about. If it's too violent for their age, then don't get it. If it's ok, then you're all good.

people only complain about GTASA because it is so popular, there are so many more violent games, such a Manhunt

the closer you get to the the top, the more people wanna make you fall, lol

btw, the rating system is stupid, you'd have to be a pretty bad parent not to know that Mortal Combat might not be appropriate for an 8 year old

I hate people who are so fucking stupid to blame violent video games on murders and suicides... I hate them, I would love to hold a national broadcast and tell all the people who don't like that, why they "aren't" dungerous and what not... it makes my blood boil when people say things like this.

Chris

There's another issue that everyone is overlooking. Not only should the parents control what their kids play, but when they do allow them to play violent games, they should also sit down and tell them how it is. Explain that what they're doing is just a videogame. Tell them the difference between right and wrong in real life. That's another thing I've noticed - parents want to control everything, but they forget to explain why. Knowledge is a very powerful asset. The lack of knowledge is not an excuse to do wrong.

Back
Top Bottom