Video editing software?

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
What would you guys recommend for a beginner such as myself? I'll be getting my new camcorder here in a little bit and I'd like to have some decent software to edit videos. I know that there is windows movie maker, is that any good?

Windows Movie Maker is pretty damn decent to use. You should be fine with it, once you get creative.

nah windows movie maker is straight up terrible.

Sony vegas is a full-featured program whether you're a beginner or a professional. It's pretty easy to use too

I would use sony vegas or Adobe premiere pro. Windows movie maker is lacking in a lot of features.

nah windows movie maker is straight up terrible.

Sony vegas is a full-featured program whether you're a beginner or a professional. It's pretty easy to use too
Is Sony Vegas easier to use than Adobe Premeir Pro? Cuz I have Premier Pro CS3 and it seems really complicated. If Sony Vegas is easier to use then I'll use that. But mind you, I'm not editing emmy winning videos....lol Just stuff for youtube and things I shoot and want to edit a little.

Adobe is really simple... I think Vegas is about eqaul in difficulty, but once you start using them, they are really simple. Just import your video using "Capture" in the file menu, and edit using that little razor icon in the bottom right toolbar for Adobe, I haven't had much to time to mess with Sony yet.

Sony vegas is easy to use for simple stuff,but for the more advanced tasks,google will reveal all ;)

Windows movie maker is good for begginers though.

I guess I'll have to play around with some of them and see what I like. I just got my camera today so I'll shoot some vids probably tomorrow in the daylight.

Back
Top Bottom