Veterans Day

Me too. It's sweet how we get the day off because we honor our veterans of war. I think about it throughout the day, but besides that it's another day off.

I've never gotten a day off on Veterans Day. We barely get any days off anymore. My school had a Veterans Day assembly. It seemed kinda pointless really, just the ROTC doing some stuff, the the dance team (can't figure out the relevance to Vet's day yet), the band played, a veteran spoke and that was pretty much it.

I've never gotten a day off on Veterans Day. We barely get any days off anymore. My school had a Veterans Day assembly. It seemed kinda pointless really, just the ROTC doing some stuff, the the dance team (can't figure out the relevance to Vet's day yet), the band played, a veteran spoke and that was pretty much it.

The dance is for the veterans to enjoy ;)

Does anyone actually take this holiday seriously? I think of it as another day off....

maybe you should do some research into the reason of this day. world war 1/2 is a good start but there are other conflicts such as Vietnam would be another good one for you americans. also ask that same question to somebody who has been in a conflict and espeically someone who got called up to fight and had no choice about it and ask them what they went through.

the serious side to it, is helping the veterns (Red Poppies) who have been wounded/injuried servering our country (UK, im talking about here) and that cant serve in the armed forces anymore because of it but yet the follow up support from our government is so little that some of them take thier own lives because they cant keep going on.

My girlfriend turned round to me one day and said people should put World War 2 behind them and forget about it. I said fair enough that you think like that but if you can look my nan and gramp in the eye and ask them to forget about their brothers and friends that they have lost because of it. then i wouldnt be able to look you in the eye for all the shame i would have for you.

Comments like that ISOwner are just ignorant. Theres a whole bigger uglier world out there than your school. these people puts thier lives on the line because they want to make it better for you. altho the iraq war is abit questionable, what with the oil and everything

I guess it can be ignorant, but ignorant on my part. From when I was a little boy, my family never took Veterans Day seriously and I grew up on that thought. It's always a barbeque day, party day, visit the family day, shopping day, etc. You get the drift.

I knew in the back of my mind that it has something to do with war, but I've always referred to that as something in the past to which it has no relevance to me besides the fact that they reshaped the future for us all (sounds like a pretty big deal if you read that correctly). I should thank them for that, but now that we're a generation or two in the future, the concept fades like bleach on black pants for me. I don't remember the teacher ever talking about Veterans day in elementary school, but maybe it was that long ago and I wasn't listening. We were all very excited to take that extra Monday off.

as you would of been and so i would of been when i was in school, hell any day off school was a good day but it does have a series side to it which comes out when you know someone like my nan and gramp that have lost people close to them through wars

Back
Top Bottom