Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #21
Solid State Member

Default Re: Very Discruntled ... Please Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldorf PC View Post
Yeah, i'm on the phone with my wholeseller talking to him right now to see if there is an image on the hard drive. It is an HP brand, so I now have to call the manufacturer to checkon this, as he does not know. He is just a sales rep. Unfortunately, he does not know about all of the technical details. What a hassle. If there is a way, then I'd have learned something new today.

Thanks to all who have contributed so far. I appreciate it.
From what I have heard. It is possible to downgrade ,but will be like an extra
fee. Brother Bill is not making enogh on Vista or too many folks are trying to
downgrade(I could not do so fast enough) that it has bacome a money maker for them.

zipps42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:04 AM   #22
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Waldorf PC

To answer your questions, I did use Vista for a period of time, and I had genuine issues. Not only was it a major resource hog, it refused to recognize various hardware components, such as some things I plugged into the USB ports and the CD drive. And before you ask, these devices were compatible. I had other issues as well when it came to burning media to CD's. On top of that, Vista did not perform well, and yes, the computer had all of the appropriate spects, actually more than it needed to run the OS. I'm also a computer service technician for a living, so I'm aware on what needs to be done to keep a computer in good shape.

I do agree with you in that people will go and bash something because they do not want to change, but my experience was totally genuine. I'm glad it worked out for you all and that your experiences were positive because many other computer techs in my area, along with some of the local businesses, had problems also. I am considering trying Vista again since much time has passed to see if I have any of the same issues as before. I'm not afraid to try again. It remains to be seen.

P.S. I get upset when people blame things on compatibility issues since it is the responsibility of those who manufacture products and design software to stay current with the new releases. I'm sure many of you all can agree on this one.

Waldorf PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:35 AM   #23
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Try it again. I'm sure a lot has been patched since you last tried it.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:17 AM   #24
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

First of all, I do have to agree with the rest, I've been using Vista since it's release and I love it.

No back to the issues at hand I have[/B] seen this. At my place of work, we are selling Acers that do have that option for no additional price. My sister's Asus laptop also had that option and she decided to go from Vista Bus to XP home. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I know some manufacturers are doing this.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:27 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldorf PC View Post
Yeah, i'm on the phone with my wholeseller talking to him right now to see if there is an image on the hard drive. It is an HP brand, so I now have to call the manufacturer to checkon this, as he does not know. He is just a sales rep. Unfortunately, he does not know about all of the technical details. What a hassle. If there is a way, then I'd have learned something new today.

Thanks to all who have contributed so far. I appreciate it.
I've heard of HP offering XP and vista on there recovery disks. You just have to choose which one you want. I think with Microsoft, their license allows you to use the current software or a previous version because I'm sure you can do it with office too where you can buy a 2007 license but install 2003