Vent & CF

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Ok here is my proposal. I can host a vent server. This poll will decide where to put the server at, and what size. Here are the catches.

1. I'd only host it for 2 months, I want at least some donations to pay for the server, once I get donations i'd also fund it myself, but I don't feel like spending my money on a vent server that a lot of poeple will use and not donate too.
2. It either has to be in london, or frankfurt (poll will decide this)

25 man server is 10.99 a month.
50 man server is 14.99 a month

Either one I will give CF 2 months of free vent, (very good provider btw)

Poll, only select size of server, and location, don't select both locations or both sizes those votes will be discounted.

Now this server would basically have this set up
Lobby (general chit chat)
a few private rooms
then rooms for games, we will cross the bridge when we get there.
admin, and mod room (all mods, and admins currently on CF will get access to this including myself)

We wont even be geting 25 people from here. So there is no way the 50man server would do us any good.

And we can always upgrade, 25 man server I think would be idle.

The cost difference between 15 and 25 isn't great enough to brother going smaller.

ArrizX said:
We wont even be geting 25 people from here. So there is no way the 50man server would do us any good.

I agree I never see more than 25 people logged in at once where it tells you at the bottom of the page (I am in the U.S., so at night there, there might be more)

Well, the thing is that even if we did go smaller, and get say like 10 people, it could possibly slow the server, but say get 10 people in a 25 man server, then everything is A-Okay.

And
admin, and mod room (all mods, and admins currently on CF will get access to this including myself)

Whatta perk :D

jervin32189 said:
I agree I never see more than 25 people logged in at once where it tells you at the bottom of the page (I am in the U.S., so at night there, there might be more)

Really?

Usually, ill see about 28 people on. I seriously think that at max, we will get 7/8 maybe 10 people in at once. Problem is not that people wont get involed, is that everyone has a different schedul in a different time zone.

Yeah the different time zones could really make it hard to get everyone together... While we are up and doing stuff, those Europeaons are probably snoozing :p

ArrizX said:
Really?

Usually, ill see about 28 people on. I seriously think that at max, we will get 7/8 maybe 10 people in at once. Problem is not that people wont get involed, is that everyone has a different schedul in a different time zone.

True. Right now it is 4:50 in the afternoon here on the east coast of the U.S., so it is only the morning across the ocean.

Heh, see there is a major problem, your on the other side of the contenant (sp) from me.

Pacific (1:53 here)

I'm on the west coast, so it's about 2:50 PM here... well not coast, but i'm in the west, close enough.

but regardless, we should sticky this thread and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom