UT2004: Why freese now?

lhuser

Golden Master
This is kind of awkward.

I play HataX's Meteor Server, the one completely modded and when I play for like 30mins, it freeses, causing me to turn off PC, no Reset.

I previously played that Server with the SAME PC and it never did that. Now, why would it do it now?

Hey, a little bit could help....

SPecs: P4S800D-X, P4 3GHZ, GFX 5200

I'm using the BETA drivers from Nvidia. Anything wrong with that?

Check all your temps, make sure they are all stable. Check for bogus processes, check your system's voltage, scan, just do the usual crap you would when your computer is acting up at all.

And as for the drivers.. I dunno man. I never use betas, I just rely on the official releases. Never had any problems with them.

And btw, why are you posting this in the social lounge?...

MikeReiner said:
Check all your temps, make sure they are all stable. Check for bogus processes, check your system's voltage, scan, just do the usual crap you would when your computer is acting up at all.
Clean as everything! Good temps

And as for the drivers.. I dunno man. I never use betas, I just rely on the official releases. Never had any problems with them.
This is a still in question

And btw, why are you posting this in the social lounge?...
No GAMING forums besides RGForums...probably DEAD since not many people goes there.

In order to be an 0b3r g4m3r 1hu53r, I need to have a NOT freezing PC.

Well, if your situation i'd try rolling back to the official drivers. if that doesn't help, try playing in a stock server with no custom content, (I know that sounds stupid and really unhelpful, but try it anyway, i've had a situation similar to this..)

If that doesn't work, then try reinstalling UT maybe. I can't think of much else that could help.

Well, what could be happening is that your computer cant handle the mod. And its running slowly in the first place. And then, after about X minutes, it is just too much for the processor to keep up with what your doing. So it gets really hot trying to process everything. So it clocks down, and then your computer locks up.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Well, what could be happening is that your computer cant handle the mod. And its running slowly in the first place. And then, after about X minutes, it is just too much for the processor to keep up with what your doing. So it gets really hot trying to process everything. So it clocks down, and then your computer locks up.

I somehow doubt that... he said the temps were fine.

My 300mhz can't play 1.6 very well at all, but I punished myself by playing it for two hours, run like crap, but it never crashed. And as you can imagine it was running as hard as it possibly could the entire time (short of being over clocked)

Back
Top Bottom