US tax rates

yeah but you lot have to pay extra for polic, healtcare, firefighters .. we get that all free

The bad thing about income tax in the UK is that is has stayed the same way for too long. Currently, I think anyone earning over £38,000 ($68,000) pays something like 40% of their earnings to tax. Nowadays, there are a lot more people in the UK earning way over that bracket and well people earning say £50,000 a year have to pay that 40% because the government are scared to move it because they face an amazing amount of loss in tax if they were to raise the 40% bracket to say £60,000 ($110,000). Tax over here sucks, and VAT (Value Added Tax) is way too high. I mean take this for example:

I bought some RAM from the US for £185, and then paid £10 postage to get it to me. Now that's a lot for RAM, but the cheapest I found it over here was well over £250 :( I also have to wait a week for it to reach me, but it's worth it as I'm saving over £50.

Our VAT is charged at 17.5%, and personally, I think that is also way too high :(

Here in Pennsylvania we pay 6% sales tax on everything except clothing, which has no tax. and we kick about 28% (give or take) of our salaries to the government.

the deceived said:
The bad thing about income tax in the UK is that is has stayed the same way for too long. Currently, I think anyone earning over £38,000 ($68,000) pays something like 40% of their earnings to tax. Nowadays, there are a lot more people in the UK earning way over that bracket and well people earning say £50,000 a year have to pay that 40% because the government are scared to move it because they face an amazing amount of loss in tax if they were to raise the 40% bracket to say £60,000 ($110,000). Tax over here sucks, and VAT (Value Added Tax) is way too high. I mean take this for example:

I bought some RAM from the US for £185, and then paid £10 postage to get it to me. Now that's a lot for RAM, but the cheapest I found it over here was well over £250 :( I also have to wait a week for it to reach me, but it's worth it as I'm saving over £50.

Our VAT is charged at 17.5%, and personally, I think that is also way too high :(
Last year the 40% rate was for earnings over 28,000 now its just gone up to 32,000. 40% is way to high

Oh right, apologies about the wrong salary band, but I knew it was in the 30,000's. But yeah, 40% is way to high, I mean say you're earning 50,000 a year, you end up giving the government 20,000!! I mean, how is that fair??

One thing that really got to me about shopping in America was the tax on goods.

They only tell you how much things really cost as you pay for them, so if you're in McDonalds, and something costs you $2.50, you go up to the counter with $2.50 in your hand.

Only when it comes to money changing hands do they tell you it's actually $3.10 because the pricelists don't show prices with tax added. That's not just McDonalds either, that problem was everywhere I shopped at in America.

That's why I like in this country, how our prices always say "Exc. VAT" and "Inc. VAT", so you always know how much you have to pay and things don't seem cheaper than they are.

They do that so people will buy more thinking "wow this is so cheap, why dont i get more than one" then they get to the counter "oh.. its not as cheap as i thought, well i cant take it back and put it back, ill look like im poor to all these other people in line, i guess ill just buy it"

Which happens alot =\, but anyways Sales tax in my city is 5.5%, and Sales tax in the neighboring city is 7.5% lol That little increase is annoying as hell, I try and shop as Little As I can in the other city

And I dont know about income, I have no income, I dont have any paper trails when I get paid for anything, its all in bills lol

Back
Top Bottom