US Postage stamps to increase

malbuc87uk said:
In the UK, the bill usually includes a return pre-paid envelope, we don't usually need a stamp.

Lucky.. Im 15, so i dont pay bills yet, but i dont wanna have to start :D

So in the US the cost is going up for stamps how much would that be in Australia?(here)..im never great at maths'n all..

Would that mean that just say if i want to sent mail to US how much would that cost me?
I had trouble(cant remeber when) but i sent mail to the US, i had to, i had no choice, it wasnt as easy as sending an email, but i havent got back a reply, would that mean it didnt get there as of not anof cost of the stamp(age)(lol)?

Newho, Living has gotten way harder :rolleyes: i dont know, what next!?

<edit>
TRDCorolla said:
I remember the days when postage use to be 25 cents.

lol!! Sounds like Abe from The Simpsons..or 'storys lol :p

I actually though about that 2 cent increase this morning. How many mails do u send each month? Maybe like 5?
In that case it's going to cost u a huge amount of 10 cents extra per month. And that's not all, if u do this every month (which u most likely will) u will end up paying $1.2 more every year! I mean come on! When u go to the shop and want to buy candy just once every year don't do it and thats it, u have saved more money than this stamp price increase costs u every year.

I mean it's only going to be a big deal if u send like 5 000 letters every year, sending 1 000 will cost u $20 more than it used to, and I doubt that anyone sends even near to that amount.

Well, another way at looking at this is the cost this has on companies that do use the USPS to run it's company. Companies now a days run with such tight cost margins that a 7% increase in postage costs might actually be significant in certian buisness setups. Perhaps thats what all the carry on is about.

Then again. I don't do economics, just an interest so I wouldn't know.

Back
Top Bottom