US Navy Superiority in Trouble?

Wonder if this will fall under the category of, "Made in China crap that never works right." Or is that just Xbox 360 and Iphone?

Notice in the article it didn't really mention what technology these missles circumvent. Pretty interesting though.

Anti carrier missle? Oh puleze. To hit a carrier that is moving constantly from 900 miles away would be quite a feat. Most anti ship missles are launched from an aircraft, submarine, or another ship. Launched from those platforms has a responce time suppression that almost certainly guarantees a hit. But from a land based launcher?
First we would detect the launch with space and ground based systems.
Scramble interceptors with anti missle missles. Most likely from this point on the cover patrols will be equipted with them.
The fleet would have the gear to focus jamming signals toward the inbound. This would help to confuse any radar tracking systems. GPS would be pointless on a moving target as the position is constanly changing.
In the mean time a track lock would be established and anti missle missles would be launched.
However...
If it's nuke tipped you'd just have to get within 5 miles of the intented target. A direct hit would not be needed as the EMP would basicly kill the ship. Or you could drop in swallow and create a titdal wave that could possibly capsize the ship.
They are crazy but I don't think they're that far gone to start a nuke war.

I can't remember where or when it was but I remember the us govt did a nuke test in water using ships that where to be scrapped as a test to see if a nuke could sink ships with waves. I thk it was unsuccessful tho the ships where damaged.

Also carrier's have that Vulcan chain gun to shoot down incomming anti ship missiles.

I won't argue against the power and capabilities of the US Navy, it's not at all surprising to finally see other countries catch up and possibly even surpass what we currently have.

China is like the little brother to the USA.
China is dependent on it's older brother for support. But sometimes they think the big brother is being a prick, and they are better off without him, and attempt to put him back in line. Big brother settles down, but truth be told big brother will always kick little brothers ass.

Aircraft carriers are inherently vulnerable, even during WW2. Their just huge slow moving targets. Lets see China's answer for the Virginia class hunter-killer Subs when one surfaces in the Artic and reaches out to touch Bejing.....

Basically, it's just scare tactics, but they have nothing on the US military to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom