Urgent, Very Urgent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maurice said:
Thanks for your concern about phone bills, luckily I've had my phone bill covering that period & there' "only" £20 high rate bills, yes, you were right, it was a rogue dialler, I had a local techie in, he got rid;- £30, a costly lesson to be careful!, are techies expensive where you live, where are you, by the way? PM me if you like
beer.gif

I am glad that it got sorted and it wasn't too costly for you....as I mentioned before I have had friends who have had them and believe me the charges that you had were miminal, in regards to techies and their cost, I have never had the need to use them yet, touch wood, I am fortunate that I have a few mates who are highly skilled and I have a tendency to find the answers on the net, and try and figure it out myself, then I go to them if I am having real difficulties....

I am in the North West, Manchester......

Maurice said:
About the same then.

But the one i had out, put a screwdriver through the hdd and the computer was old anyway. So my Dad and Grandfather got a new one for me :D :D :D :D

see post No 19, any more thoughts on this, guys, anything at all? all ideas appreciated, is there anything to worry about?, one techie says yes, another, no, fairly urgent, if it is on the way out, I need to know, so I can get a new HD before it finally goes phut!

Thanks, Maurice

I can get you NOD32, Symantec Anti-Virus and ZoneAlarm Pro 6 for free. What else do I have...ah, Spy Sweeper and Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier Edition. Just IM me if you need it.

NOD32 rocks. Best antivirus program I've ever used. :)

Also, I doubt your HDD is going out. If it was built nine months ago, no way. Maybe nine years ago, but definetly not months. That techie is crazy.

I am thinking it might be some type of rootkit that has taken over your computer. A rootkit can change anything on your computer and also controll your computer. I suggest you research rootkits and find out how you can rid your PC of one if needed.

Thanks for all your help, I really think it is the hard drive wearing, not any rootkit or whatever.
Again, thanks for trying!
thumbs-up.gif
closing this thread.

Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom