Unusual notices

Brookfield

Golden Master
Example, a friend of mine, who travels extensively in the far east, recently visited Tibet, as you will know, China is now allowing more visitors there, so, on the first day, he picked a very basic eating place, selling basic fare, bowls of rice, & on the wall, in Tibetan Chinese was a notice, knowing the language he said it read; "Please rinse your bowels out in the sink after use" for bowels, read bowls of course!

What weird notices have you seen on your travels??

I know there's this sign for a town, I think it's in Austria. Anyway, it's pronounced "Fooking," like looking but I won't go any further than that. You guys figure it out. Kinda funny if you ask me, especially since it was stolen so much that they had to cement it firmly into the ground.

May I just ask that members post only "clean" examples of notices, thank you
good.gif

Yeah, sorry, Brook. I tried to keep that fact as clean as possible. I saw it on Wikipedia and thought it was funny that people kept stealing the sign.

D-Lew said:
Yeah, sorry, Brook. I tried to keep that fact as clean as possible. I saw it on Wikipedia and thought it was funny that people kept stealing the sign.
Thanks for getting back to me DL :)

People consistently steal the sign for the town called Condom in france.

Whilst I was in Jamaica I saw a sign saying any goats tresspassing will be curried.

I've seen pictures of people standing next to the directional sign for an English village called Twatt.

Back
Top Bottom