Unreal Tournament 3 Beta

Ah, they must have got it wrong in the forum I found it in.

Its actually here:

Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini

Under Engine.GameEngine

You'll have to untick ReadOnly in Properties...

Hmm...didn't work for me though. It asked about the INI being changed when I started up the game, and still stuck to 62fps

800x600
details at 4

thats my limit. Any lower and the fps is the same. CPU bottleneck.
Any higher and the fps drops, bottleneck shifts to the GPU.

I think it's time for a new computer.

It crashed as I entered a server with the sound sticking :(

Now my RAID 1 is having to rebuild :(

Why the hell, when I'm trying to put an @ sign, its coming up with a box with a flashing cursor, like a debug box? Haha... they didn't think that one through very well.

I'm getting a solid 62fps, and V Sync is turned off. It doesn't drop below that, even on full settings at 1680x1050 :D
I'm guessing some kind of Vsync is always set to on. Its off on my video settings too.

what extactly does vsync do?

it syncs the monitors refresh rate with the video card, it puts as little stress on the gpu as possible, like in COD2, i use it to keep down the heat in my room, basically it just caps your FPS at what your monitors refresh rate(anything higher than that is pointless)

Vsync basically forces the video card to only send frames on every refresh of your monitor.

So if your monitor is set to 60hz, your video card will be sending exactly (if it can handle it), 60, and only 60 frames per second back.

This prevents tearing in shooting games, etc, where if you move fast, half the screen seems to be between 1 frame and another frame because its running faster than the monitor can refresh between.

Its best to have it off at most times, as it also slows down your average frame rate.

Only leave it on if your GPU tears the game in half, which most these days won't. I imagine the bigger maps we'll see in the retail version will really give these 8800s a run for their money.

The game automatically caps at 62fps, so its just like Vsync is turned on anyway

Back
Top Bottom