United States of America vs. Microsoft Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone, I'm Aaron. My Email is gpzere@gmail.com, you may want this by the end of this.
Lord Kalthorn, I'm going to call you Lord K from now on.

Ok, Now I stumbled across your little forum viva google, this forum that is. I took the time to read this thread and I laughed my ass off! The things that were said in here are just so funny! It's like a really funny comic with out the visuals. Lord K your my favorite character, your ideas are priceless. I loved this so much I took the time to make a account on here just to talk to you. Now that devotion! Anyways, you seem to have a idea floating around in your head that the all the computers are running or dependent on Windows. Thats not only stupid but statistically wrong. Statistics say that the average Desktop computer is running Windows based on a query of computer that connect to certain sites and boxed Windows sales. That query is bias, it doesn't take in account for the computers not connected to the internet, and that the majority of people that use Linux don't buy a boxed Linux distribution, they simply download it from a ftp server. It also doesn't take into account servers, and routers running on other OSes.
I'm not saying that the majority of people are running Windows. In fact I would be surprised if a different OS was dominate. I'm just saying that the web is a complex network of servers and routers connecting you to your destination. For me to be on this site now I'm connected through my computers proxy, to my routers proxy, to my ISPs local servers and switches, then connected to my ISPs Central Location, which connects to another set for routers then finally to this sites router/switch/hub, on to the server, then to the site. I can guarantee that I've traveled through over 5 linux servers or linux-based routers. I no 4 for sure, My computer, my router, my isps local server and my isps central location server. I was actually surprised to find that this site is running on Windows 2000 but not surprise that it's running Linux/Open Source software to host this.

Hey, Lord K, did you know that Microsoft is running its very own servers on linux? Don't believe me? I have proof: Microsoft enlisted the aid of Akamai. Akamai runs linux servers. http://pclinuxonline.com/article.php?sid=5075&PHPSESSID=d123e03a3adaed00141e524308d07bcd

Also Microsoft brand routers run linux. Talk about a jaw dropper?

Oh, Lord K, You know your website: http://playfordnet.com/? Well guess what. It also is running on Linux. Your servers IP address is 66.246.72.46, if you need proof for this also, here you go. http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.playfordnet.com
Hows your opinion of linux now?

Also check out my blog post I did on this page.
http://gp_aaron.blogspot.com/2004/09/wonder-of-google.html

Also Lord K, I'm a very nice person. I just don't like when people bash something that they clearly have never used or at least taken the time to learn about. I'm not trying to single you out ether just trying to open your eyes to the world around you. Personally I wouldn't care if you never use linux in your life just before you bash the compition learn about them. Also I would take a look over at apple.com, because they have improved greatly in the last couple years over they're previous OS 9 and below. Other facts that might interest you, I also am only 16. Second I can't wait for Longhorn.

Let the hate mail begin, If anyone forgot the email, it is gpzere@gmail.com(seriously, you can even check with your admin, I registered with that email)

Anyone can email me with questions also, I'm a very kind person and will answer any questions within my knowledge.

gp_aaron said:
Hello Everyone, I'm Aaron. My Email is gpzere@gmail.com, you may want this by the end of this.
Lord Kalthorn, I'm going to call you Lord K from now on.

Ok, Now I stumbled across your little forum viva google, this forum that is. I took the time to read this thread and I laughed my ass off! The things that were said in here are just so funny! It's like a really funny comic with out the visuals. Lord K your my favorite character, your ideas are priceless. I loved this so much I took the time to make a account on here just to talk to you. Now that devotion! Anyways, you seem to have a idea floating around in your head that the all the computers are running or dependent on Windows. Thats not only stupid but statistically wrong. Statistics say that the average Desktop computer is running Windows based on a query of computer that connect to certain sites and boxed Windows sales. That query is bias, it doesn't take in account for the computers not connected to the internet, and that the majority of people that use Linux don't buy a boxed Linux distribution, they simply download it from a ftp server. It also doesn't take into account servers, and routers running on other OSes.
I like to think so :D Probably not very widely seen views on Microsoft, eh? Nah; I think most of the time I said about 90%, or was it 80% - one of them I said. I don't take into account Server OSs cause I know nothing about that - hence not including the Internet, the Servers, or the Routers. I'm sure you could have a great conversation about that with Windows and Linux; but not with me :p

The Statistics probably are; I don't know what the percentage is and not even Linux knows what the percentage is. Hence I use a percentage I know of. Even counting downloads of the Linux Copies - that doesn't mean all those are going on computers. Short of asking everybody to say how many computers they're using and which Operating Systems are on them you won't get a proper representation. 80-90% is probably a good idea of it anyway.

gp_aaron said:
I'm not saying that the majority of people are running Windows. In fact I would be surprised if a different OS was dominate. I'm just saying that the web is a complex network of servers and routers connecting you to your destination. For me to be on this site now I'm connected through my computers proxy, to my routers proxy, to my ISPs local servers and switches, then connected to my ISPs Central Location, which connects to another set for routers then finally to this sites router/switch/hub, on to the server, then to the site. I can guarantee that I've traveled through over 5 linux servers or linux-based routers. I no 4 for sure, My computer, my router, my isps local server and my isps central location server. I was actually surprised to find that this site is running on Windows 2000 but not surprise that it's running Linux/Open Source software to host this.
Again; thats different. Its hard to compare Operating Systems without drawing a line between Server Systems and General Systems/Workstations. What do you mean Computer Forums is running Linux/Open Source Software to Host the Site?

gp_aaron said:
Hey, Lord K, did you know that Microsoft is running its very own servers on linux? Don't believe me? I have proof: Microsoft enlisted the aid of Akamai. Akamai runs linux servers. http://pclinuxonline.com/article.php?sid=5075&PHPSESSID=d123e03a3adaed00141e524308d07bcd
Yep; I know that. It would be inefficient to stop running the old systems while they still work. I am at no doubt that all the new ones they get in; at least the Microsoft bit of them not neccercarily the Akamai bit of it are getting only new Servers running Windows. For Akamai? They can get what they want - get what they're used to?

gp_aaron said:
Also Microsoft brand routers run linux. Talk about a jaw dropper?

Oh, Lord K, You know your website: http://playfordnet.com/? Well guess what. It also is running on Linux. Your servers IP address is 66.246.72.46, if you need proof for this also, here you go. http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.playfordnet.com
Hows your opinion of linux now?
Is there a Microsoft Router Style Operating System? Not really a jaw dropper. Linux have been in that sort of thing for years longer than Microsoft.

gp_aaron said:
Also check out my blog post I did on this page.
http://gp_aaron.blogspot.com/2004/09/wonder-of-google.html

Also Lord K, I'm a very nice person. I just don't like when people bash something that they clearly have never used or at least taken the time to learn about. I'm not trying to single you out ether just trying to open your eyes to the world around you. Personally I wouldn't care if you never use linux in your life just before you bash the compition learn about them. Also I would take a look over at apple.com, because they have improved greatly in the last couple years over they're previous OS 9 and below. Other facts that might interest you, I also am only 16. Second I can't wait for Longhorn.
Hmmm... I have given it a go. But everything I have said on here is based on what I know and believe about what I know - as far as I know I have never pulled information out of the air and made it up.

Cool cool; me too two weeks ago. Lol; same here - lots of people here can't. But I imagine you can't wait for it for different reasons? :D

gp_aaron said:
Let the hate mail begin, If anyone forgot the email, it is gpzere@gmail.com(seriously, you can even check with your admin, I registered with that email)

Anyone can email me with questions also, I'm a very kind person and will answer any questions within my knowledge.
Lol; Gmail! :D I made a solemn oath never to e-mail to Gmail a few weeks ago. :D But you are great! Don't forget to reply more often. I think I've bashed Linux more than a few Score times here; a couple of times at my Forum and a few times at Matt's Forum :D

I found your reply taken very well, most people flip out when I get bored and share my knowledge. Just one thing

Yep; I know that. It would be inefficient to stop running the old systems while they still work. I am at no doubt that all the new ones they get in; at least the Microsoft bit of them not neccercarily the Akamai bit of it are getting only new Servers running Windows. For Akamai? They can get what they want - get what they're used to?

This are new systems, Microsoft enlisted help when they mydoom virus was made to DoS attack the Microsoft servers. As the virus used a exploit mainly for Win Servers. They used the UNIX servers as extra buffer for the DoS site but they still use them. Go figure.

-Your Friendly UNIX informant, Aaron.

well most routers are based on linux OS. take cisco's IOS for instance. lots of linux commands there. 3coms is about the same only its better sicne you type out the whole word and it follows a more logical order. remebering the proper abbreviation can be tedious and often times two abb. can be very similar and two completely diferent commands. its like talking to the router. he he.

they use that base since its highly configurable and can be stripped down. MS isnt totally against linux. htye dont bash it. its unprofessional and will make people turn on windows since they are bashing another OS.

To Lord K "Is there a Microsoft Router Style Operating System?" Yes there is, Microsoft has a whole developer section on embedded systems. Developing OSes for things such as routers, Cell phones, Kiosks and so on. They just used a stripped down linux kernel in there routers and networking equipment.

To Dell_ate_my_dog: Microsoft isn't total against linux, they just like to make comments about it in press conferences. Like when the spokes person from MS said that "Linux will never be ready for the Desktop" even though MS is partnered with Apple and Apple is now based on UNIX(linux) and is a strong supporter of both OSes. Personally I think the people over at mac are doing it right. They took Free BSD and Mac OS 9 and Darwin Linux and picked the best things of each at merged them in to one really good operating system. The only problem is Apple made their new super OS to only run on apples hardware. Other than that Apple is a amazing company and created a amazing OS.

Bottom Line: Companys; Microsoft silently bashes linux. Linux companys are usually fairly silent to the existence of Windows. Apple supports both, and sits back a dominates and evolves past both.
Users; Most Windows users have never used linux or mac and bash it because they think it's not what they know. Some linux users bash windows, few bash mac. Other linux users are polite in they're reasons for abandoning Windows.(like me) Some Mac users bash both thinking that they are the best. Most mac users just politely try to convert the others.

Anyways, thats my to cents CND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom