Unistill Msn Messanger?

I suppose - but as far as I know they don't make 20GB Hard Drives anymore! Eitherway; I'd be much happier if there was no physical way to delete it - and for it not to have a difference between MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger. Which is a bit annoying.

Lord Kalthorn said:
I suppose - but as far as I know they don't make 20GB Hard Drives anymore! Eitherway; I'd be much happier if there was no physical way to delete it - and for it not to have a difference between MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger. Which is a bit annoying.

May I ask why you have something against people being able to uninstall what they want on computers they own? I would understand it if they did it on files that needed to be run by windows, system files and whatnot, and could only be deleted by a complete format. But Windows/MSN messenger is NOT a crucial folder or program. I mean, what's the point in having a messenger on a computer that may not even be using the net?

Rocker said:
May I ask why you have something against people being able to uninstall what they want on computers they own? I would understand it if they did it on files that needed to be run by windows, system files and whatnot, and could only be deleted by a complete format. But Windows/MSN messenger is NOT a crucial folder or program. I mean, what's the point in having a messenger on a computer that may not even be using the net?

Well - yeah - but! There is no reasoning behind my idea; but it should be enforced. Can you believe they have to make a Non-Media Player version of Windows! They won't, of course, because of appeal and by the end nobody will care.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Well - yeah - but! There is no reasoning behind my idea; but it should be enforced. Can you believe they have to make a Non-Media Player version of Windows! They won't, of course, because of appeal and by the end nobody will care.

But Media Player is different - you don't need a net connection to use it. Anybody can have a CD, and that's all you need. Media Player should be made removable for users (eg, they prefer Winamp or RealOne Player instead) if they want to remove it. It isn't a crucial system file. It isn't crucial to the running of a certain program. In other words, it is a disposable program, and should be treated as such.

Rocker said:
But Media Player is different - you don't need a net connection to use it. Anybody can have a CD, and that's all you need. Media Player should be made removable for users (eg, they prefer Winamp or RealOne Player instead) if they want to remove it. It isn't a crucial system file. It isn't crucial to the running of a certain program. In other words, it is a disposable program, and should be treated as such.

But they want it uninstalled at the beginning?!

how about searching through the windows registry and finding the uninstall for it. Another possibility would be to uninstall through DOS

Lord Kalthorn said:
But they want it uninstalled at the beginning?!

Does it matter? People should have the choice to have what they want on their computer - aslong as it isn't a crucial file like a system file. Things like WMP, Windows Messenger and MSN are disposable - they should be installed incase the user wishes to use them ... but should also have the ability to be uninstalled without having to go through all the crap they do now - one uninstaller for each program - that's all it takes.

If you sign on using Windows Messenger instead of MSN, you can go to Options and General and tell it not to start up at the begginning - then just MSN Messenger comes up.

Rocker said:
Does it matter? People should have the choice to have what they want on their computer - aslong as it isn't a crucial file like a system file. Things like WMP, Windows Messenger and MSN are disposable - they should be installed incase the user wishes to use them ... but should also have the ability to be uninstalled without having to go through all the crap they do now - one uninstaller for each program - that's all it takes.

Yes I agree with Rocker that the end users should have the choice after all they paid for it and have the rights to 'opt in' or 'opt out' things that they do not want.

I'm wondering why the windows OS have messenger when it can already be easily downloaded from a site (messenger.msn.com) eh?

Anyhow, I dont really thing messenger is really a pesky program, dont worry much about it :D

Cheerios said:
Yes I agree with Rocker that the end users should have the choice after all they paid for it and have the rights to 'opt in' or 'opt out' things that they do not want.

I'm wondering why the windows OS have messenger when it can already be easily downloaded from a site (messenger.msn.com) eh?

Anyhow, I dont really thing messenger is really a pesky program, dont worry much about it :D

It isn't a pesky program; I think its just people being picky. Allowing people to uninstall it openly would be Microsoft saying do what you want - and Microsoft is not Open-Source thank god.

Back
Top Bottom