Unistill Msn Messanger?

Just doesn't seem right for someone to be able to remove Windows Messenger; not right at all. Just like that damn Windows Media PLayer thign they have to do! Luckily appeal will clear that up!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Just doesn't seem right for someone to be able to remove Windows Messenger; not right at all. Just like that damn Windows Media PLayer thign they have to do! Luckily appeal will clear that up!

Why the hell not? Does the user not have the right to choose what he does and does not have on his computer? I could understand it if someone was trying to delete a file that is needed by Windows, but Windows Messenger is in no way crucial to the operations of Windows code or the OS itself, thus it should be up to the user if he finds any need to have Windows Messenger on his computer. If not, then he should be able to uninstall it, without the need for some code, and the same goes for MSN.

Anyways - just delete the main .exe file of whichever you want to remove - and show your teachers - if they have any sense at all, they would realise that neither MSN or Windows Messenger would need that .exe file to run.

Rocker said:
Why the hell not? Does the user not have the right to choose what he does and does not have on his computer? I could understand it if someone was trying to delete a file that is needed by Windows, but Windows Messenger is in no way crucial to the operations of Windows code or the OS itself, thus it should be up to the user if he finds any need to have Windows Messenger on his computer. If not, then he should be able to uninstall it, without the need for some code, and the same goes for MSN.

Anyways - just delete the main .exe file of whichever you want to remove - and show your teachers - if they have any sense at all, they would realise that neither MSN or Windows Messenger would need that .exe file to run.

Or get the file to remove it from the computer (do a search on google, or add me on MSN Messenger)

Though just deleting the main exe file is faster

Lol! Maybe - but is Messenger that big? Does it suck away juice? Does it take up system resources? I'd imagine that code doesn't even take away the files - it probably just blocks the use of Messenger like you can do easily in Program Access and Defaults. MSN Messenger is the most widespread and commonly used Messenging Program available. It isn't biased because you can send to AIM and YIM; and it has the best GUI of the lot by far!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Lol! Maybe - but is Messenger that big? Does it suck away juice? Does it take up system resources? I'd imagine that code doesn't even take away the files - it probably just blocks the use of Messenger like you can do easily in Program Access and Defaults. MSN Messenger is the most widespread and commonly used Messenging Program available. It isn't biased because you can send to AIM and YIM; and it has the best GUI of the lot by far!

I am in no way doubting that MSN is far better than any other messenger out there, and should you have taken the time to ask me (instead of accusing me of being biased) I would say to you what I am saying now - even though I have tended to use AIM more frequently in the past week or so due to one (private) reason or another. Wether Messenger is "big" or not, does it matter? Some people would rather be using that space that WM is taking up on something that wasn't preinstalled by Windows, and that they would actually use.

uninstall MSN Messenger 4.6

Hello, this is my first post. I have a similar problem. I overinstalled Windows ME over my existing program,I did this to get back the games that came with the manufacturer installed program, now Messenger 6.1 starts OK , but 4.1 icon is also showing in my tool bar. I tried uninstalling 4.6 with add/remove programs,it tells me removal was successful, but when I boot up the next time 4.6 is back again.
What can I do. cisko1624

Rocker said:
I am in no way doubting that MSN is far better than any other messenger out there, and should you have taken the time to ask me (instead of accusing me of being biased) I would say to you what I am saying now - even though I have tended to use AIM more frequently in the past week or so due to one (private) reason or another. Wether Messenger is "big" or not, does it matter? Some people would rather be using that space that WM is taking up on something that wasn't preinstalled by Windows, and that they would actually use.

Lol! I must admit I just presumed you'd hate it!

I think we would all like to know what these Private reasons are? :D

Come on! Using that space for something else?! 6MB?! That is hardly Astrofire. If 6MB of space was lost due to a freak accident nobody would notice it was gone! Its just being picky if you ask me!

I surely don't need both of them running, do I? I just want to get rid of the 4.6 version. Thanks, cisko1624

Lord Kalthorn said:
Lol! I must admit I just presumed you'd hate it!

I think we would all like to know what these Private reasons are? :D

Come on! Using that space for something else?! 6MB?! That is hardly Astrofire. If 6MB of space was lost due to a freak accident nobody would notice it was gone! Its just being picky if you ask me!

Pffft. Telling you my "private" reasons? You gotta be kidding me. I'm especially not going to post them on a forum with ... *looks at member number* .... over 1,000 members on it. =P

I agree - 6MB is bugger all when you consider the size of the hard drives that are out today - but you must realise - not everyone is running around with more than a 20GB hard drive - some users are still stuck with older comps - take my old 810MB thing .... in a case like that, especially with a hard drive even smaller than that, 6MB would matter.

Back
Top Bottom