Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #11
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: umlimited iTunes

128 sounds fine to me. I can't tell a difference when compared to 192 or 256.
__________________

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #12
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: umlimited iTunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbspapp View Post
I wouldn't use it. 128 KBPS FTL.
Most stuff is now 256. Also, 128kbps iTunes music is equiv to a 192kbps MP3 at least due to the better compression.
__________________

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #13
Fully Optimized
 
esa193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to esa193
Default Re: umlimited iTunes

i wouldnt pay for music....
plus unless your a big time artist your not making that much money off cds your making money of concerts teeshirts and that kind of stuff
__________________
antec 900, q6600, 4G, 500G, 160G, 9800gtx, 780i, 47in 1080ptv, 5.1 surround sound

MacArthur wrestling pwns!
esa193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:09 PM   #14
Golden Master
 
Tommy Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,463
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: umlimited iTunes

Pay for music??? Never!
__________________
When all else fails...Ham Radio!

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:46 PM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
Jesusfrk611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: US
Posts: 2,193
Default Re: umlimited iTunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by esa193 View Post
i wouldnt pay for music....
plus unless your a big time artist your not making that much money off cds your making money of concerts teeshirts and that kind of stuff
Basically only because a lot of people don't pay for their music anymore... A CD will cost about as much as a T-shirt, maybe a bit less, but not by a whole bunch. Music pirating must be bad enough, I went to get my CD insert thing autographed by a band once and they saw I had the insert and one guy said, "thanks for buying the CD", as if to say, "You are one of the few." That was back in 2004... If they didn't make much money by the music, why sell it? Why would the guy in the band be concerned whether I bought the CD or not? If everyone still bought music, they would make quite bit of money from music sales.
Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #16
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: umlimited iTunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesusfrk611 View Post
Basically only because a lot of people don't pay for their music anymore... A CD will cost about as much as a T-shirt, maybe a bit less, but not by a whole bunch. Music pirating must be bad enough, I went to get my CD insert thing autographed by a band once and they saw I had the insert and one guy said, "thanks for buying the CD", as if to say, "You are one of the few." That was back in 2004... If they didn't make much money by the music, why sell it? Why would the guy in the band be concerned whether I bought the CD or not? If everyone still bought music, they would make quite bit of money from music sales.
I don't think it's that they make much money from CD sells, but rather that they'll probably be dropped by their label if they don't sell enough.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #17
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: umlimited iTunes

I'd seriously consider doing that...I mean in 1 month I could easily get thousands of songs instead of paying a dollar for each...

Currently on this computer I have 4,000 songs. That's way too much to pay for. I could buy a car with that money. But if it was just a monthly fee...
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #18
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 251
Default

As far as getting my music, I currently have an MP3Sparks account. So far, I've bought and downloaded just over 1000 songs for 63 buckazoids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
Most music on itunes is DRM free nowadays.
Yeah, for $1.29.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner View Post
128 sounds fine to me.
Me too.

I hate audiophiles!
Datalyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #19
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: umlimited iTunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datalyss View Post
Yeah, for $1.29.
No, the DRM free stuff is still 99 cents, I believe you get charged 30 cents if you want to upgrade previously bought music.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #20
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 251
Default Re: umlimited iTunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
No, the DRM free stuff is still 99 cents, I believe you get charged 30 cents if you want to upgrade previously bought music.
Ahh, now I remember. The buck 29 is for the 256 stuff.
__________________

Datalyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0