Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Ultimate PC

Just came across a competition to win an Ultimate "Alienware" computer. 30 are being given away this month.

Follow this link to enter.
<LINK REMOVED>

Each Alienware PC includes:
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ CPU
Windows XP Pro
SLi Motherboard
Saucer Silver Case
NVIDIA 6800GT 256Mb
1Gb Alienware Dual Channel Ram
80 Gb SATA 7200 NCQ HDD
16x DVD Rom
Floppy Drive
Viewsonic 17" 8ms LCD
MS Multimedia Keyboard
Logitech G5 Mouse
Alienware Mouse Pad
1yr RTB Warranty

Good luck to everyone who enters.

Peter.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006
Default Re: Ultimate PC

Spam...? Advertising..? And besides, those aren't even ultimate pc's... this is the ultimate pc... http://www.computerforums.org/showth...light=ultimate

Old 11-06-2005, 09:38 PM   #3
Beta Member

This is not spam... I have not published this link on very many forums.

I came across it and have decided to share it on the few forums that I think are good.

Best of luck to anyone who decides to enter.

Peter
Old 11-06-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
Beta Member

And if you were to win one, sure beats the $13,000 price tag.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:43 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac006
Spam...? Advertising..? And besides, those aren't even ultimate pc's... this is the ultimate pc... http://www.computerforums.org/showth...light=ultimate
Haha, your computer is powerful, but it has lots of weaknesses too. It's also not very well suited to what you're going to do with it.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:43 PM   #6
Golden Master

Wow alienware is so expensive. I could build a comp of the exact specs, no better, for cheaper. Wow... 80gb hd? That's nothing. I consume 186gb not counting my video editing... $4,000 is way to overpriced... and I still think it's advertising. No offense, but I don't live in Australia so I can't enter, but, no offense again, I really don't want to. The mouse is nice, but, seriously, alienware is way too overpriced. If there are people here who really want to enter, go right ahead. I'm just saying that this is registering with advertising of some sort...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Haha, your computer is powerful, but it has lots of weaknesses too. It's also not very well suited to what you're going to do with it.
Yeah, yeah, we've already had this discussion. The comp is used to be a server, do everything, play games, etc. and yes, it is the ultimate comp right now. OK fine, the ultimate comp right now is the fx-57, 2gb of ram, 500gb hitachi deskstar, dual 7800gtx's in sli, the x-fi sound card, some nice case, the z5500e's, the apple 30" display, and the g5 mouse and some nice keyboard. Oh, and xp pro. Maybe 64-bit edition or vista. But yeah. Either the fx-57 or the 4800+. You know what I mean... it's just his title made me take action... lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barty1978
Actually, I never anything about prices or the like. It's just that your title made me post the link to THE ultimate comp right now. That alienware compared to the link that I posted is like comparing a honda civic to a ferrari enzo. Sure, chance is always good. Go ahead people, enter. You might be lucky. But, if you don't win, then ah well. I'm just saying that I could build a comp that's 2x better and half the price (almost).
Old 11-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #7
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by barty1978
*cough, cough* holy smokes $13,000??!?! I can build that exact same spec for less than $3,000!!!!! Yikes, what a rip off. Never buy an Alienware. Too overrated for their own good. That does not look like a $13,000 PC.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:49 PM   #8
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
*cough, cough* holy smokes $13,000??!?! I can build that exact same spec for less than $3,500!!!!! Yikes, what a rip off. Never buy an Alienware. Too overrated for their own good. That does not look like a $13,000 PC.
Nah, he's talking about my ultimate comp. His "ultimate comp" isn't the ultimate. I could build a better one for almost half dude.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:53 PM   #9
Golden Master

That computer up there is like nothing to the systems I have seen. What are the specs he's talking about? I can't seem to see it but I'll bet I can also build spec for spec for half the cost too. Man, Alienware....you guys are nuts!!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:58 PM   #10
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Umm...you guys do know that the computer itself isn't worth $13,000. They include a whole crapload of stuff along with the computer. Jeez...

Closed Thread