Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default UK Debate VS American Debate

I think its interseting that UK is like "YOur an ass" when Ameirca is like "Your so wonderful" To there presidents...Its funny to note in major interviews often times the topics are and questions are assigned.

I would love to get that job, and then go completely utterely off topic on some crtical issue that will get the president in some nasty lil touge twister.

Old 09-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default Re: UK Debate VS American Debate

nice video.

evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #3
Golden Master

Nice.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Yeah, we americans tend to be really laid back.
PCNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:52 PM   #5
BSOD

American culture is interesting. At one given time we could be bashing and insulting one another, then a moment later be loving on each other and complimenting each other! It's really fascinating to say the least. But I guess all cultures are liek in some given sense. I mean I note how Britist peopel are more critisizing towards their leaders and more straight foreward about things regarding politics.

Overall British people are people, and IO think everyone shoudl be treated with kindness and love, not hate and condemnation liek the world's media lieks to impose upon us. I think the best examples for what we SHOULD do to one another is through older folk. They knwo what it's liek to do many thigns with other people from other countries: Example given, WWII. I think, in my opinion, that was the ONE time where a vast majority of man-kind fought for a common, good, solid goal: To rid the earth of an evil man.

Yup. people and socialogy are truly interesting things. =)
Sytheious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:11 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

I think that likke in public debates like we have, its utterlly planned you never see the president challaneged etc cause well heh its already planned out. In the UK if it is at least they did a better job of bringing out his good & better yet bad points.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:43 AM   #7
Golden Master

Exclamation Re: UK Debate VS American Debate

We UK residents call our Prime Minister an ass, because he is one, a growing number of the population blame him for our troops getting killed, & still more blame him for following Bush's lead in the decision to invade Iraq, now the fear is that if Bush decides to use force in Iran, the same could happen all over again, perhaps an even tougher nut to to crack than Iraq.

I'd like to point out that while these are apparently the views of the population of England as a whole, I myself tend to agree.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:49 AM   #8
Golden Master

Angry Re: UK Debate VS American Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytheious
Overall British people are people.
What do you mean, overall, what are the rest, animals??, take that back!
I'm waiting! [two hours now]
Old 09-19-2006, 05:21 AM   #9
Daemon Poster

We Australian residents think our Prime Minister an ass, a growing number of the blame him for following Bush's lead in the decision to invade Iraq, now the fear is that if Bush decides to use force in Iran, the same could happen all over again, perhaps an even tougher nut to to crack than Iraq.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:17 AM   #10
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
We Australian residents think our Prime Minister an ass, a growing number of the blame him for following Bush's lead in the decision to invade Iraq, now the fear is that if Bush decides to use force in Iran, the same could happen all over again, perhaps an even tougher nut to to crack than Iraq.
Word for word what I said, substitute "British" for "Australian", & there you have it.