UD Agent Cancer Fight

renegadeandy

In Runtime
Hey guys - can you all this, it helps research cures for cancer, aids and other world diseases and runs in the spare cpu time of your computer. Collect points by leaving it running and win prizes etc on how many points you collect.

Join the FUnkHub Cancer fight team by following these instructions:

Cancer has all touched somebody we have known and loved. Thats why here at FunkHub we are doing all we can to help towards finding a cure. This can be done in a fun way - where you can see progress that you yourself are making towards the world's common goal.

I'm sure you are all willing to help towards curing cancer. The common way is to donate a sum of money to a charity such as Cancer Research. However this way actually doesnt involve giving away money - but actually goes towards the research of cancer cures. A very clever piece of computer software named the UDAGENT uses distributed computing to process data whilst your computer is not being used (basically a very useful screensaver!) I advise you all take part in FunkHubs fight against cancer - you have nothing to loose except the 5 minutes it takes to install the software and after that you can watch you points increase (a measurment of how much you are giving to the cancer research community) and enjoy a fantastic sense of wellbeing.

1. To take part please download and install the UDAGENT.

http://funkhub.com/downloads/ud_agent_setup.exe

2. Once it is downloaded - install the software by following the simple instructions.
3. After this step is completed click Here and click "Join This Team". This will add your machine to the FunkHub Fight Against Cancer Team.

This software will run in your Computers spare processing time and if you ever wish to access the software - it will be in your system tray (bottom right of the screen) double click on the small blue 'u' icon. From here you can study the current process which is in fact quite fun and very interesting to see what it actually does and prove you are making a difference. Spread the word and get involved by following the steps above - together we can make the world of difference.

Visit www.funkhub.com and click on cancer fight for more information!

Do this, its for a superb cause and is fun - be part of something here!

You don't eactly give to cancer in terms of money to a cancer research charity.

you fight cancer by analysing protein molecules to search for possible treatments with your CPU's spare/idle time.

there are millions of computers all over the word analysing molecules and ligands, so there are milions of results returned per day...

it's just the same as in the seti project, millions of computers are analysing radio signals trying to search for alien communications...

ComputerFourms.org already has it's own distributed computing team though...

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=9549

edit> the part of your home page devoted to the cancer project sucks, (IMO).
do you want some nice tools and stuff written in php to link to stats and stuff in the projects.
I did a load of work for the team that I'm in, so I'll just give you the code if you want.
http://www.pcfcp.co.uk <-check there for details

Thanks root for your offer but anyone who simply claims it sucks i want nothing more to do with!

Yeah , so join up guys!

The idea of the cancer thing on my page is to be as simple as possible and get as many as possible joining up, if i put stats and all sorts of useless info no1 who is casually signing up about on the page, then it will confuse them and most likely put them off, your site needs the work mate, if i want help mine i will ask for it.

that's OK...

When I said it sucks it was more friendly banter than insult...
Though it doesn't apply to this site (cause we can't have signature graphics), I was more offering the code to things like signature banners such as this.

.gif

IMO the site I made sucks, but I made it over a week at work in luch hours whilst also playing online chess...

Back
Top Bottom