Uber Self Driving Cars!

Unless you're a professional racing driver and know your car inside out, I highly doubt your threshold braking skills will be at a good enough level to out-brake ABS.

Not even professional race car drivers. Computerized braking, pre-braking, and auto stop braking are all going to react far faster than any human could. Computers react instantly. Even people with the fastest reaction times are going to be slower than a computer. There's a reason planes essentially fly themselves and have done so for decades. The case should be the same for cars. Humans are unpredictable. Computers are not. All arguments against self-driving cars are irrational, illogical, or just factually incorrect.

Unless you're a professional racing driver and know your car inside out, I highly doubt your threshold braking skills will be at a good enough level to out-brake ABS.

ABS does not decide when to apply the brake so that point is moot. On loose surfaces, ABS uses a longer distance to stop the car that just manually braking.

That's all I said.

ABS is still better than no abs for the common untrained driver. As is traction control and 4 wheel steering.

Back
Top Bottom