Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #21
Fully Optimized
Send a message via MSN to tom-knox
Default Re: u desk?

All the points i was gonna make have probably been done,
- build one
- strap two Ls together
- ikea that shizz up

I'd first and foremost go down a timber merchants and see what they've got kicking about in the way of a large sheet of wood to go on top, sand it down, stain and then clear coat with a really durable finisher. Then just work a simple frame of cheap bits underneath and whack some nicer looking timbers on the front (presentation side). It'll always be cheaper to build a nice desk than to buy one, but ikea's desk range are really good value, that's where i got mine, but you won't be able to fit the amount of monitors you want on there on a single desk, it aint feasible or economically viable. Drop your expectations or get down the timber yard.

New laptop:
2.1 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor :: nVidia GT150m :: 15.6" HD LCD :: 4gb RAM :: 320gb HDD

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #22
Default Re: u desk?

well I just got my internet working finally (cox...)
I found a huge L desk at office depot in the clearance for like $46 and one was big enough, so I've got everything figured out except for a keyboard tray (there's a leg right in the middle of where I want it) but thats not a major deal. Thanks everyone who gave me suggestions, etc. It helped a lot.

Account no longer active. Contact info available in profile, if anyone cares to reach me.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote