Txt your vehicle if its been stolen...

And it'll give you turn by turn directions as far as I know...the car salesman tried to sell my dad a car with OnStar instead of an in-dash GPS.

Yea, $18.95 a month is outrageous! :rolleyes:

well i guess it depends on the car right.
If you're driving a ride that cost you over 50k then i think you may want to spend the 18$ a month to keep it safe eh...but if you're driving a typical car...that yeah if it went missing you'd be upset...but wouldn't set you back a whole lot...then save the 18$ for beer lolz :)

Thought it was cool tho!

That is a cool system you posed LukaszR.

Can you imagine the fun you could have if you jacked your friends number for that? You could shut down his car anytime you liked. But, then, that could cause some unfortunate accidents if you did it at the wrong time. :eek:

That is a cool system you posed LukaszR.

Can you imagine the fun you could have if you jacked your friends number for that? You could shut down his car anytime you liked. But, then, that could cause some unfortunate accidents if you did it at the wrong time. :eek:

lmfao

I never thought of that...haha that'd be priceless. There'd be a lot of pissed off drivers on the roads lol :p

I thought this was actually pretty cool. You'd text or email your car if its been stolen which would trigger a mechnism to shut down the vehicle...and it responds with the co-ordinates so that police/owner can find it.

Heres the story:

That sounds cool, but I wonder if it only works if the engine is running at the time of txting. If your not sure if your car is stolen you will have to keep txting like every 15 minutes or so!

OR! you could build this system yourself.. I have no doubt with a smart phone you could do this sort of thing.. Just pay for the phone itself then the (with my plan anyway) 10 something a month extra for the phone.

DIY!!!

Edit the only problem i see with this type of thing is car thieves will get smart and find out or find what to rip off to disable it.

That sounds cool, but I wonder if it only works if the engine is running at the time of txting. If your not sure if your car is stolen you will have to keep txting like every 15 minutes or so!

You bring up a good point. But then again...if u're car is stolen..i'm sure it'll be driven a few times...atleast enough for you to be able to send out that message.

I guess its not perfected as of yet...but i'm sure these kind of things will be thought off lol :)

I like the idea. I'd get it for my work truck, more or less to recover the contents (tools and such) then the van itself.

Back
Top Bottom