It was two years ago...

When I was about 4 years old or so, my mom gave me a cigarette to smoke. I took one drag from it and thought I was going to die, I coughed and coughed and coughed. After that, I never had any desire to smoke again.

I raised 4 non-smoker kids and was really happy about that. However, my oldest son, who is almost 34 years old, started smoking about a year ago. I couldn't believe he would start smoking at such a late age, especially since he knows all about the dangers and health risks associated with it.

I used to be a chain smoker a long time ago. I got down to smoking 2 packs a
day, and then went cold turkey cuz I couldn't afford them anymore.

That was 29 years ago, I'm glad I quit cause I feel so much better now.

If I remember correctly it was the 20th of Nov that I stopped so the red letter day was yesterday. The day before was when I ran out of tobacco (I rolled my own) and the next day I decided naw, no more.

My tobacco habit was rather cheap. Instead of paying $5 a pack per day I bought two 16 oz bags of tobacco and a box of rolling papers. Each bag were $18 and the box were $25. They lasted me 3-4 months.

That's $61 for 3-4 months. The tobacco was even better than the cigarettes as it was milder to smoke and they're known as dual purpose pipe tobacco. You can roll them.

The packs would've cost me over $450 for 3 months. See the difference? If it wasn't for the tobacco I would've quit a lot longer ago. I enjoyed smoking them greatly but then came the time that my health were taking a hit.

I stopped cold turkey.

Yeah, for a while, i rolled my own too. Then my state changed the taxes on that type of tobacco which brought the pricing in line with pre-rolled cigarettes, so i quit rolling my own.

Edit: there used to be a photo on facebook of me smoking a hand rolled cigarette, but i had to take it down because one of my prospective employers mentioned it looked like a joint...

LOL, they do. When I rolled my tobacco outside and a cop drive by he was watching me closely.

When I was a kid, I remember for Christmas one year I gave my mom a cigarette rolling machine. It came with papers and filters, she just needed to add the tobacco. I rolled some cigarettes for her when she first got it but I don't recall her using it at all after that.

She smoked Marlboro's in the flip-top box. She would save the boxes for me and I would use them as blocks to build forts for my toy soldiers. I never had other building blocks like Legos, just those empty cigarette boxes. I had shopping bags full of them.

Back
Top Bottom