Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-08-2015, 09:52 PM   #21
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Two fronts came in and

Global warming is an incorrect term, it really should be referred to as Global Climate Change since it's effects are felt differently in different parts of the globe.

Those that poo-poo climate change are living in denial.

strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:05 PM   #22
The Candyman

I have to agree w/you. As the whole weather across the planet is all tied together. It also doesn't make me happy the H.A.R.P program is screwing with our weather. You would think their would be a law against this...but nooooo.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #23
Fully Optimized

It's not global warming, it's global warning!
Old 01-08-2015, 10:15 PM   #24
The Candyman

To all Governments across the globe...STOP SCREWING WITH THE WEATHER.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #25
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by strollin View Post
That's just the point, we don't need to insulate our pipes. In the 24 years we've lived in this house with uninsulated pipes we have had only that 1 pipe break due to freezing and that was a pipe in an uninsulated barn. In fact, I've lived in Calif for 60 years in houses with uninsulated pipes and have still only had that 1 break. You guys couldn't get away with that.

There's a reason why we Californians live where we do, it's because the weather in California is better than anywhere else in the US, bar none.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

You've just tipped your hat to the fact that you don't understand what global warming is all about. The key part of your statement that you should be paying attention to is this: "the second year in a row we have had this low of temperatures". Why do you think temperatures are lower than usual?
That was supposed to be a joke first of all

Second of all, the name of the term is "Global Warming" right? That then in turn means that the world is slowly getting warmer right? That's why I made the joke. No need to slam me for it, sir.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:18 AM   #26
Fully Optimized

Indeed the overall globe is warming, hence why they don't call it global calling!

I don't agree with calling it global climate change due to how it affects different countries, I mean, the hint is in the name right? "Global." On average around the globe the temperature is rising.

Hell, the UK is as far north as Russia, but doesn't get anywhere near as hellishly cold. But that's not because of an overall globe temperature, the bulk of our weather is brought in by the gulf stream!

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:11 AM   #27
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungIT View Post
That was supposed to be a joke first of all

Second of all, the name of the term is "Global Warming" right? That then in turn means that the world is slowly getting warmer right? That's why I made the joke. No need to slam me for it, sir.
That's what emoticons are for, so you can provide an indication that you're joking. Your mad icon didn't indicate that you were joking.

The atmosphere is warming which is causing unusual weather patterns across the globe. It doesn't mean that you're local weather will actually be warmer.

Sorry if you feel I "slammed" you, that wasn't my intention, just trying to stop the spread of misinformation regarding Global Warming.
strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:06 AM   #28
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaman633 View Post
Indeed the overall globe is warming, hence why they don't call it global calling!

I don't agree with calling it global climate change due to how it affects different countries, I mean, the hint is in the name right? "Global." On average around the globe the temperature is rising.

Hell, the UK is as far north as Russia, but doesn't get anywhere near as hellishly cold. But that's not because of an overall globe temperature, the bulk of our weather is brought in by the gulf stream!
Global cooling***** not calling, damn it.

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote