Tv Torrents

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
I was thinking about TV torrents and I wonder why they are illegal. Frankly TV make their money off of commericals... Simply include the commericals in the torrent and reliease it. That way you still get your money from your adversiters and you could spilt it up. And most liekly poeple DL the episodes after already seeing them on TV anyways. So you get double the money. its not like a movie its a TV SHOW. Simply make it legal for us to DL it and make money at it. What do yall think?

Movie industry is considering doing the same thing. Offer their movies over torrent files legally with the commericals.

Also the bandwithd required to do sotmhing like that is extermely low... Because after a while you don't even need to host it and simply let poeple who already have it continue to host it.

It's an interesting question, probably to do with copyright and free sharing.

Bear in mind it was technically illegal to videotape stuff off the TV, in the UK, up until about 1988. Now that's silly.

Frankly they'd increase their profits if they made it legal and free. I mean our cable costs goes to the cable company not the TV shows those pay the cable company to advertise. So basically your cutting out that part and advertising still.

I was actually thinking about this not too long ago. Because there are times when Im either buusy or somthing and miss my favorite TV shows. Well then the only way for me to see them is downloading them.

As u said the TV channels get the money out of the commericals. Now if they would release the TV shows as torrents and include the adverts what would I do?
No I wouldn't watch the commercials, I'd just skip them.

Thats one bad thing, but then again I don't think that too many people watch the commericals when they come from TV, atleast for me commercials = time to go and see if there is something to eat in the fridge. :)

Extactly not only that my friend I know we would record football games and stuff. Then all we would do is wait like 30 or 40 mins and then go back and watch the game well it was still recording adn we'd fast forward though everything.

Many TV shows, such as West Wing, The Sopranos all release DVD's of the seasons, and they make a substantial amount of money from these sales.

I do agree that for the multitude of documentaries, soaps should be able to be obtained for free. However the BBC and sky are currently running trials for this to happen, it is expected that the online service for the BBC which is free for license payers (how they are going to regulate that I don't know) is going to be started this summer.

In regards to sports, it is because of the major complication of advertising and royalty laws that exist that prevent this release. Even on radio stations, such as Five live, if you listen to them online they will stop the stream after a certain period of time.

The Amish Kid said:
I was actually thinking about this not too long ago. Because there are times when Im either buusy or somthing and miss my favorite TV shows. Well then the only way for me to see them is downloading them.
u could get a dvr. thats what i have. it's only like $5 extra if u have dish network.

Nik00117 said:
I was thinking about TV torrents and I wonder why they are illegal. Frankly TV make their money off of commericals... Simply include the commericals in the torrent and reliease it. That way you still get your money from your adversiters and you could spilt it up. And most liekly poeple DL the episodes after already seeing them on TV anyways. So you get double the money. its not like a movie its a TV SHOW. Simply make it legal for us to DL it and make money at it. What do yall think?

Movie industry is considering doing the same thing. Offer their movies over torrent files legally with the commericals.

Also the bandwithd required to do sotmhing like that is extermely low... Because after a while you don't even need to host it and simply let poeple who already have it continue to host it.
you would have to get them to pay the networks for commercials on the internet... they would not be making any money if they just got paid for the commercials on tv and only tv, they would have to to get paid for commercials on the internet.

Could put a tracker in the file that mointors how many times the show is watched. So you cuold make even more money. Think of it your making a 1/5 less but selling to 10x more poeple. Thats 2x as much profit.

Back
Top Bottom