TV I bought

Kage

Golden Master
This is the TV I bought from Currys yesterday. I haven't got it yet, as its arriving Saturday, but I'm really feeling low about the whole thing now...

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...duct&fm=12&sm=0&tm=0&sku=383557&category_oid=

Its pretty expensive as you can see, and is a 720p screen.
It is a really impressive picture though, and I cannot fault that, yet I didn't test it with consoles, and only with what they had in the store. I also did not check a 1080p signal with the 720p signal of this TV.

Did I make a bad decision in getting a 720p, with for example the 360 and PS3 I have? :(

I've looked up so many reviews about the difference when it comes to running the resolution natively on a set, to run that amount of pixels, and how without looking at another set, you won't notice, and even with a set there, its minimal at sitting distance.

Haha, my mate made me feel like this. He went into Curry's last night, as he was going to buy a TV too, and paid £699. Thats 100 less than me, and picked up a 1080p 37 inch (same screen size as me too) TV, thats got great reviews too, on a sale there. That made me think... oh.... 1080p....damn... :(

Have I made the wrong decision based on your experiences with HD sets set to run natively remember (this would make a difference) at 1024x720, and 1920x1080?

I'd end up paying an extra 400 though for 1080p approx with a Phillips or LG, or whatever, but if it was really worth it, I would have gone for it, and maybe its not too late to cancel the agreement...
I'll see anyway as my mate is bringing his set back today, and he has a PS3 also...

With those sort of purchases you always have a cooling off period, so I would just inform them that you have changed your mind. I think the cooling off period is about 14 days.

I personally would try and purchase the 1080p, as opposed to the 780 but thats just me, I don't have any experience of them with the 360 or playstation though.

Hmm...

Weird thing is, there were TV's around the same price supporting 1080p as I found out today (My 720p Plasma screen though looked the best running the source through component that the rest were, out of them all)

There are a few issues though I've realised though from my mates I saw today:

Some games don't support 1080p and so go to 720p, which on a 1080p screen doesn't look very good (seen it first hand)

Standard TV services which I'll be connected to, also look stretched on a 1080p picture (seen it first hand), but shouldn't so much on a 720p, as we aren't going to move to HD broadcasting for a while.

I'll see on Saturday anyway, as I believe after some thought, 720p should be okay, and since its a screen natively at 720p, and not a higher screen running at a lower res, it should look quite good after all :)

Wow... you paid 800 for it?? I got a 1080p 46inch for 600. Damn that's a really high price. Definitely return it before you open it.

If you want plasma, you really can't get 1080p. Outrageously expensive. Cheaper to go LCD, especially with a smaller display like you're getting.

@ Fisher - that's a 720P TV, you fell for their marketing gimmick. If you read the thing, it says it's not really 1080P, but it can downconvert 1080P signals.

Yeah, but its definietly one of the better 720p sets out there :)
Really rich blacks, etc, unlike LCD.
Ah well...

Haha, my monitor broke, so I'm actually typing this on my 50" 720P plasma. The color reproduction is excellent :)

Do they even have 1080P plasmas out yet? I know when we bought our TV they were pretty much nonexistent. There were a couple but they cost a fortune.

yea they do have 1080p plasmas...look at best buy lol

but only 42 inch and larger plasmas come with 1080p lol

Back
Top Bottom