TV cards

No, i cant say i would reccomend on. The size is great, but the resolution just blows. Because the pixles arnt alligned like in a CRT or LCD moniter. But also it all depends on the tv. YOu could get a Tv card, if you had an LCD HD tv. But i wouldnt reccomend it with plasma.

Hance, i would only do it with an LCD HD tv. Thats personal preference. I had my Computer on my dads 60 inch, HD, and it filled the screen nicly, but everything was pixlated.. it blew. I say dont do it. But thats me.. I hope i help..

Oh, so i had it backwards.. lol. Well in that case. Go for it. Because on a computer moniter the there is more pixles on the screen depending on the size. What size of montiter do you plan on using with this? And, it supports faster refreshrate. So things will look alot smoother. IMO

Well i used to have one and still have one in my tower, all i need to do to get it working is install the drivers and then hook it up to the antenna :) It's pretty good and i would recommend it, some nice features too, you can record it straight towards your computer and so forth, although the quality is lower than that of a television ...
Nevertheless, it's pretty good :)

i had one, but i used it and loved it until i started getting errors with my sound card becuase of it. it was cool, but i really never used it. then again i always have a tv around

Yeah, I can watch TV on my monitor too. It's so nice because you can use your PC speakers to play the audio which usually is way better quality than your TV speakers (unless you have surround sound system). It also uses less electricity too because the TV uses more juice than a tuner card.

Try this one. It's high recommeneded:

Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-150 PCI Interface Tuner Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815116625

TRDCorolla said:
Yeah, I can watch TV on my monitor too. It's so nice because you can use your PC speakers to play the audio which usually is way better quality than your TV speakers (unless you have surround sound system). It also uses less electricity too because the TV uses more juice than a tuner card.

Try this one. It's high recommeneded:

Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-150 PCI Interface Tuner Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815116625
Thanks man, what is the sound quality and picture like?

The picture quality is suprisingly excellent. It's no HDTV, but it's pretty darn clear and good for watching a TV on your PC. Encoding is done mostly on the card so it uses very little of my CPU to encode a movie. I can still use my PC while capturing a TV show. The sound quality depends on your sound components I guess. I have pretty good sound, but thats because of my combination Audigy 2 ZS sound card and Z-5500 speaker system by Logitech. You won't miss a beat though. Overall, that TV Tuner card gets a high rating from me.

Back
Top Bottom