Toyota

superman22x

Golden Master
ToyotaMovingForward.jpg

So what do you guys think now? Am I the only one who is glad Toyota FINALLY got some public attention?? Stuck accelerators, no brakes... Finally people can realize they are NOT as reliable as the media made them out to be.

These problems have been causing accidents and getting people killed, I'm glad this is getting attention. I hope they'll learn from this.

I want to know why this is such a big deal when 3 accidents are caused by this, yet it isn't ford's fault when they INTENTIONALLY put the wrong tires on their SUVs causing people to get killed, then turn around and sue the tire manufacturer for millions of dollars and get away with it.

I think its because Ford is based in the US and Toyota isn't.

I want to know why this is such a big deal when 3 accidents are caused by this, yet it isn't ford's fault when they INTENTIONALLY put the wrong tires on their SUVs causing people to get killed, then turn around and sue the tire manufacturer for millions of dollars and get away with it.

I think its because Ford is based in the US and Toyota isn't.
There have been more deaths than that.
The tires got hot at high speeds and the tread would peal off. That's not good on firestones part. The weight of the Exploder also caused it to get hot though. I'd say the problem was more in firestones hands there. The issue was that they just kept going back and forth pointing fingers to avoid anything.
But what I am getting at is, everyone knew about that.
Hardly anyone knew how Early 2000s Tundras had frame rot issues and the frame would actually break in half after a year or two. The leaking fuel tanks, and I've heard of exploding Land Cruisers in Australia, but can't find anything to back that up.

The thing is that Toyota is taking the blame for this and is fixing it.

Ford went and pointed fingers even though Firestone had records that they warned them not to use the tires. Then they won. It was total bs.

Right now the government is definitely trying to wreck toyota. It seems that they don't want foreign competition, so they are telling people bs like not to even drive the car to the dealer to have it fixed and making the hugest deal out of this.

And last time I checked it was 3 wrecks.

The thing is that Toyota is taking the blame for this and is fixing it.

Ford went and pointed fingers even though Firestone had records that they warned them not to use the tires. Then they won. It was total bs.

Right now the government is definitely trying to wreck toyota. It seems that they don't want foreign competition, so they are telling people bs like not to even drive the car to the dealer to have it fixed and making the hugest deal out of this.

And last time I checked it was 3 wrecks.
Toyota took blame after 3 years. Problem has been around since 07 or something.
Firestone said the exploders were too heavy for the tires. But any tires that have tread that peels off when a vehicle is moving fast has some major problems. Those tires weren't good for ANY car. And Ford realized this after the problems came about.

More than 19 deaths btw...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2439985/posts

19... wtf?!

The tires were designed for compact cars, not Giant ford explorers.

Ford was trying to save money, and knew it was going to be bad.

My point is that they were never investigated by the senate, and their issues were caused by their own stupidity, and were illegal... If they were from any other country, you know the government would've shut them down. The tire company too.

Ford's done worse with the Pinto. But again, the point is, Toyota has problems too, and it's about time the public realized it.
And no, it's not a scheme by America either. Considering GM owns 20% of Toyota, I don't know why they would do that. The Toyota Matrix and Pontiac Vibe are both the same car, and the Vibe had a couple throttle issues as well.

And Toyota's fix... a shimmy. This is a computer problem... drive by wire... I'll stick to my carburetors and throttle cables thank you.

I'd still take a toyota over a honda. Why? In all the honda's I've driven I couldn't get the power when I needed it. I was stuck way out of the power band in 2nd. No way to get it into 1st unless I manually shifted it there. Thank you AUTOMATIC transmission.

Anyways, I think the problem is that most people don't know you can shift to neutral while moving and toyota has confusing shifters.

Not the biggest fan of Toyota or their decisions for the past few years, but I do have to say that it is pretty annoying watching the American media milk the crap out of this. With regards to the whole Toyota pedal-gate, all I have to say is; mechanical throttle for the win.

American automakers have had plenty of these kinds of things happen to them over the years. Although I do have to admit Ford is actually improving their lineup. The 2011 Fiesta and 2012 Focus look awesome (then again...Europe has had them for a while now) and the F-150 Raptor SVT is just beastly. Perhaps the thing I like the most is that the Mustang finally has engines that don't SUCK.

Back
Top Bottom