Totally Useless Facts

yah, well they should come out with a softdrink based on the Star Trek movie series. The name of the softdrink should be (Romulan ale) and of course it should be blue.

Well yeah; but it should not destroy peaceful relations between Kirk and the Klingons bringing to an eventual fight with a Cloaked Warbird.

yeah, got a point...but it should be 3-times more cabonated than DR. PEPPER, that way when you have to burp....people will be able to hear you from a 1/2 a block away....hehe

Re: NETUSER - Totally Useless Facts

PhantomOSX said:
The nursery rhyme Ring Around the Rosy is a rhyme about the plague. Infected people with the plague would get red circular sores ("Ring around the rosy..."), these sores would smell very badly so common folks would put flowers on their bodies somewhere (inconspicuously), so that it would cover the smell of the sores ("...a pocket full of posies..."), People who died from the plague would be burned so as to reduce the possible spread of the disease ("...ashes, ashes, we all fall down!")

This useless fact is in fact useless fiction.

The biggest problem is the rhyme has been misquoted.

ring around the roses, (or as I learned it ring a ring of roses)

is indeed from the circular sores plague vitims got.

A pocket full of poses,

Flowers were not put on the dead, there is no masking the smell of the dead, instead people wore pockets of flowers (posies) pressed against their face in the style of a surgical mask (look at art and etching from the time (you'll see). -or even read the diary of Samual peppes

ashes ashes, (this line is completly wrong), the true line from the song is atisuue atissue (as in sneezing), this is because a smpton of the bubonic plague is sneezing,

Certainly the bodies of the dead were not burned. as they believed that the ashes would further spread the disease,
in fact the bodies of the dead were buried extra deep, this is where the regulatory 6feet under comes from, before there was no regulated depth for graves and bodies could be buried in shallow graves, since the times of the plague it has been law that a body must be buried 6 feet down.

yeah, that little bit of history must have been horrible.and to add to that , i saw a documentary that was about: before they used balming fluid.

they sometimes buried people alive, cuz they thought they were really dead. When they started digging up some of the graves, they found scratch marks on the coffin ceiling.

so to make shure that people were really dead, they used to tie a string around the victom's wrist & the other end to a bell.

that way if the person woke up,or some how came back to life...they would ring the bell, and that person would be dug up....creepy !!

yeah, well i think that's dam funny.....Lol
i bet Dell can burp louder than me....Well Dell's my girl, and she can do as she please.....WORD !!

Back
Top Bottom