Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Total War and Fraps

Hi, I'm new to this forum as for some reason i got banned from another forum ive been using for years ;P

Forgive me if this thread is not relevant for this sub-forum.

The problem is an odd one, which i doubt has a simple solution.

I'm trying to make some decent Fraps video of Napoleon Total War. Of course, I'm using Fraps (Version 3.2.2, build 11496). The settings im using on fraps are:

- 30fps
- Full size (i.e, full resolution as oppose to 'half size' which is half the resolution)
- Record Win7 sound

The next thing i feel i should explain is the settings on NTW, most notably the graphics settings. For those of you that play NTW, i have the settings on 'Very High.' My screen resolution is set to 1920x1080, HDR is on, AA is 2x, trilinear filtering is on etc.

Usually in game i get around 55 - 65 fps. I know this because the fraps fps meter is showing. However, when the replay gets going my fps shoots down to around 16 - 21 fps. Which quite frankly is appalling. I say this especially because i consider to have a reasonably high end PC. Here are the specs (i will eventually put them into a signature ;P)

CPU: Intel Q8200 OC'ed to 3.1Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3P (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=2841#ov)
GPU: ATI 5850
PSU: Corsair 620 watt modular
RAM: 4gb 1066 Mhz Ballistix Tracer
HDD: WD Blue 500gb
Case: Antec 1200
Acer 24" HD screen
etc etc.

So how can it be when i record in fraps that i'm getting such low fps? I was always under the impression that Fraps didn't consume so much PC power! Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read and i look forward to more involvement in these forums

roridude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: Total War and Fraps

Welcome to CF!
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote