Too Many Icons

thankyou death star, it seems you've been blessed with both the knowledge and the wisdom to be able to resize pictures!

My desktop used to have icon stretching out all over it, so I just moved everything from the desktop into a folder called my old desktop that's on my d drive now.

then I have a perfectly clean desktop...

For those of you who also want an immactulate desktop...
this is how to get rid of the recycle bin icon.
start > run > mmc
then click file > add remove snapin,
add > group policy then press ok, finsh, close and ok.

expand the group policy tree in the console,
expand user configuration
expand admnistrative templates

select the desktop folder.
select the key (in the right hand pane) that says "Remove Recycle Bin from the desktop" edit it, press enable and then close the MMC console, log off and log back on again...

the desktop is perfectly clean and clear...

(I also autohide the taskbar, so I literally have a picture and nothing else!

root said:
thankyou death star, it seems you've been blessed with both the knowledge and the wisdom to be able to resize pictures!

My desktop used to have icon stretching out all over it, so I just moved everything from the desktop into a folder called my old desktop that's on my d drive now.

start > run > mmc

select the key (in the right hand pane) that says "Remove Recycle Bin from the desktop" edit it, press enable and then close the MMC console, log off and log back on again...

sweet, but where does the recycle bin go then? and how do you access it?

root said:
thankyou death star, it seems you've been blessed with both the knowledge and the wisdom to be able to resize pictures! .......
No problems mate ;) I have, in previous threads containing ridiculously large images, pointed out that Power Toys for XP has an Image Resizer tool that integrates into your right click menu, also the good thing about using Image Shack Hosting is that they provide code for a clickable thumbnail for use in forums such as I used above. Hopefully the "super large picture posters" might use this in future :) as they certainly take up less space on the server.
Cheers.

root said:

start > run > mmc

Thats neat... ;)

Back
Top Bottom