Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Cool today i opened programs in school

ok so, theres a bunch of programs on the school macs that we dont have enough access privaleges to open or something like that, and it gives like messages "you cant open this". the default browser there is IE. but we also have firefox and safari, but we cant use them. when we were in the computer lab during science class, i sat in the far corner and began trying to access other browsers/programs. i used internet explorer:mac's "programs for opening things" option, to open other programs. so yeah, it was pretty fun

the second thing was, i had brought netscape for mac on my mp3 player a while ago to see if it would work, but it didnt. so i tried today with my "new" way to open things, and guess what, it worked!!! now i dont have web filtering on my file if i use netscape

evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
Old 05-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #2
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to MarxSoccer Send a message via AIM to MarxSoccer Send a message via MSN to MarxSoccer Send a message via Yahoo to MarxSoccer
Default Re: today i opened programs in school

Not really something to brag about, but, cool?

Old 05-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to uid=[0]

LOL nice find! Outsmarted the admins eh? lol just make sure they dont have some sort of proxy that filters content to catch stuff that bypasses the setup in the browsers.
Wireless Network Security Spec.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:09 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

the admin is really not-smart. he didnt know if the school had mac os x server, or mac os x (regular)
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
Old 05-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by john123
ok so, theres a bunch of programs on the school macs that we dont have enough access privaleges to open or something like that, and it gives like messages "you cant open this". the default browser there is IE. but we also have firefox and safari, but we cant use them. when we were in the computer lab during science class, i sat in the far corner and began trying to access other browsers/programs. i used internet explorer:mac's "programs for opening things" option, to open other programs. so yeah, it was pretty fun

the second thing was, i had brought netscape for mac on my mp3 player a while ago to see if it would work, but it didnt. so i tried today with my "new" way to open things, and guess what, it worked!!! now i dont have web filtering on my file if i use netscape
Cool, lol
Old 05-09-2006, 05:27 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to macbook

it would have been easy to use a proxy server
Old 05-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #7
Golden Master

Yeah, proxies would be easier but they could be blocked too..
Old 05-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

Quote:

Yeah, thats because you illegally hacked it, and now your illegally accessing other things..

Just be careful..
Old 05-09-2006, 05:45 PM   #9
Golden Master

I got detention for trying that once Loooooong time ago lol
Old 05-09-2006, 05:47 PM   #10
Golden Master

Quote:

You were stupid enough to try to access programs, & then compounded that by posting what you had done, consider yourself warned, I shan't warn you again!

Closed Thread