Tired of lurking

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
So I thought I would make an awesome thread.

So this morning, I get up at 11:00. (awesome.) I went and tried to turn on the old box.
*Click*
*Whooooooosh (fan noise)*
*Click*
*Bsssssssssshhh (that horrible power-down noise that makes your stomach tie itself in a knot)*

So it doesn't even get to the BIOS. Well, that's bad. I flipped some switches and turned everything off, unplugged some stuff, reset everything and tried again.

Same deal.

OK, something is wrong here. It worked fine yesterday. Could my power supply be shot? Or possibly a virus on the bootsector or something? I got down on the floor and started unscrewing everything, popped the case open and unplugged the hard drive, then tried again.

Well, it works. :eek:

I plugged the hard drive back in again and surprise, it dies again. :confused:
Did I overclock the PSU to death? It's like 20 amps and I'm not running that much junk on it.

Then I realized my power button felt kinda funny. My roommate spilled some kind of lime drink in my room and it got all over the front of my pc. Turns out it had not only gotten in the door hinges, it seeped down into the power button as well and was making it stick in the pressed position, causing rapid power-up, power-down.

One wet paper towel and two minutes later, and problem solved. What a morning. :cool:

No, he was sitting on the end of my bed which is like 1.5 ft from the front of the tower. Not much room in here. And from now on, no more drinks in here.

No, he was sitting on the end of my bed which is like 1.5 ft from the front of the tower. Not much room in here. And from now on, no more drinks in here.

u mean for a week or two:) ,lol its wut my dad always says and he brings drinks in here anyway:rolleyes:

Lol, I'll have drinks in here. But he will have to leave. I can drink something without giving my pc a bath.

Always keep drinks at least 3 feet from your pc. Thats my basic rule of thumb....lol

Well everything is cool now. If something were fried, then yeah...
But it got all cleaned up, no more sticky drink in the tower.

What made it so confusing is that it happened like 4 days ago and it just did this for the first time this morning.

when i got my case and i put all my stuff in it(my old set up) it wouldnt turn on. ended up the power switch was bad :eek:, good thing i have spares :p

Back
Top Bottom