Time Warner Cable

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
I just saw a commercial for Time Warner Cable, and I'm sold.

I didn't know their fiber-optic network is actually faster then Cablevisions. And apparently they offer a tripple play also for only $89.99.

I'm sure their phone service is fine and I use my cell phone for the most part, so I don't care too much about that. However how is their TV service? Good channels or no?

And do they allow creating servers on their connection or will they cap you like Cablevision?

i never knew that Time warner also supplied for fiber-optic, man i should get that,

anyways there tv service is ok, but i just have basic cable that comes with the service of Road Runner cable internet, so i dont know about the full cable tv

i never knew that Time warner also supplied for fiber-optic, man i should get that,

anyways there tv service is ok, but i just have basic cable that comes with the service of Road Runner cable internet, so i dont know about the full cable tv

I mean its weird their site won't tell me what channels I get.

But I want at least three different Discovery family channel (like Science Chanel etc.), and at least two history channels. And as long as I get that with the other basic channels like NBC, ABC, CBS, Comedy Central, FOX, and what not I'd be fine.

Especially since I want to set up a server on one of my computers but Cablevision won't lemme

I've been a Cablevision customer forever. Literally.

I once read, PCMag or PC World did a test on Optimum Online's speeds, and it won them all. Totally beating TW, RR, Adephia and all the others.

Verizon FiOS seems the only competitor to Cablevision right now.

Edit>
I'm extremely happy with Optimum. We have the triple play and pay $100 a month, but it's definitely worth it. We have 4 HDTVs in our home now and every one of them has the clearest picture possible, even though they are different brands. The rear projection still looks as good as it did when we got it with iO.

edit> I get the science channel, all basic channels, and two different History Channels. I can't complain with iO, I love it.

Time Warner Cable is awesome. Depending on what package you get of course. Has all the Discovery channels that I know of.

Back
Top Bottom