Time For Me To Step Down

JCB1

Daemon Poster
Hi Guys

Just to let you know that I have decided to pass the site to someone else. http://www.computerforums.org/members/andy-r/ who will take over the site and will be responsible for its running from now on.

I never intended to let go of this site but recently I have been very busy and have hardly had the time to run this site. I think its best to let someone else who has time to look after it. This is by no means goodbye I plan to still be as active on the site and help out where I can, but its time for someone else to take this site forward.

Since I took over the site I have increased the amount of traffic x3, I have done alot of work behind the scenes (Link building and ranking keywords in google) which will benefit the site in the future.

I am very sad to be stepping down as I have really enjoyed working with you all and am very gratefull for all your support during my time here.

I have been, and will be working with Andy R to make sure the transaction goes as smooth as possible.

Thanks

My name is Andy and I am from Dallas, Tx. I started my first forum about a decade ago and over the year started adopting forums on various topics. I love forums and spend all day everyday working with the communities in our network. I know it can feel a little strange when a new person shows up and you find out they are the new owner. I understand that I will need to earn your respect and look forward to doing so in the months and years ahead.

You will notice a few new faces around here that work with me. Janet H is might right hand woman and she will be swinging by the site on a regular basis to check in on the team and see if they need anything. Jeff logs in under the username of Tech Admin and he's usually around on Friday's to do weekly maintenance and backups but he's also here helping with issues when needed. It's our goal to support the current team and make sure they have tools needed to continue to lead this community.

Since the site was hacked, we decided to move much faster then normal with one major change. Basically version 4 of vBulletin is still chalked full of exploits and upgrades do not always go smoothly. We have downgraded the software to v3.8.x and put on a new skin to the site. Our plan is to get settled and consider our options in a couple years. We will be having free mobile apps made for iPhone and Android.

I feel it's very important to be open and honest so if you all have any questions for me or about our plans for the future, please post them here. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Regards,

Andy

Sorry to see you go but it is what it is.
David sold to JCB who in turn sold to AndyR. How did you get around VBS only allowing the changing of ownership just one time?

I, for one, welcome our new overlords... :rolleyes:

At least the site isn't being bought out by ZDnet-- they acquire sites just to watch them die. :mad:

I, for one, welcome our new overlords... :rolleyes:

At least the site isn't being bought out by ZDnet-- they acquire sites just to watch them die. :mad:

Overlord (ette) at yer service ;)

I'm really happy to be able to finally be able to log in! As Andy mentioned, I'll be around to help out. The goal here is to help the site thrive (not die) and over the next few weeks you should see some good improvement. For the immediate future there are still lots of set up issues to be addressed. Most importantly the Board is back up but many features still need to be tweaked or enabled - we're getting there :)

Andy's company, Social Knowledge, is pretty tiny and we specialize in niche communities on cool topics and basically provide site teams with the tools they need to help communities grow.

Please post if you have suggestions or concerns and we'll try to address them.

Yes, that's me.

The plan is to get organized, make sure the site is working flawlessly and then send out an email to all the members with information on how to reset their passwords. We will be getting to know the members and the team (mods/admins) in the weeks and months to come. I understand it's results that will earn your respect and we plan to listen and do everything possible to make sure we can encourage this community to thrive again.

Although I choose my words carefully I'm sometimes pretty straight forward.
I'll be keeping a close eye on how you go about things here and what you do. If I'm pleased with the results I may consider letting you have a go at my place.
You have a monster job ahead of you here. The hack wasn't all that bad. It's the collateral damage that brought it to where it is now.
BTW I wrote the rules for this place which have been added to over the years but have pretty much remained the same. I'm going to do a copy and paste just to have them.
This message will self destruct in 5 seconds. Good luck, Jim...

edit: Ok I'll bite. Where is the rules thread?

Back
Top Bottom