Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Default thinking of getting a new MP3 Player

So i want to get a new MP3 player, my current one is getting a bit old, i think i need a bit more than 2GB too, and i dont like it very much.
So right now, im looking for a new MP3 player, but i dont know which one to get. So far, im open to any suggestion. Though it shouldnt matter much since its a MP3 player, i want a nice looking one.
These are the things im looking for.

Has LCD screen
At least 4GB
Under $100 (since im paying by myself)
Supports Windows
Prefer to be able to be bought in stores in case of technical difficulties

So far, im thinking of getting the S3
Reasons - looks nice, 4GB, about 25Hrs of battery, made by Samsung. The video is a plus too, but the screen is too small.
Then theres the "generic" Ipod touch called the V-Touch at microcenter.
Looks nice, but i heard people say the touch sensitivity is not as good, but its an generic, so what you expect? But it can bother me.

Thanks to all those help

Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: thinking of getting a new MP3 Player

If you want an excellent player, go Cowan I-Audio.
Not sure on the amount you want to play, but they do some fantastic flash based players.

EDIT:

People wanting a nice looking one is why people go for the Apple players... eurgh haha

Old 12-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

The V-Touch looks nice.
rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
People wanting a nice looking one is why people go for the Apple players... eurgh haha
I think them Ipods are way overpriced for what its actually worth.

The V-touch does look nice, and it would be good for video too, and the small camera is a plus feature. But since its a generic, it probably doesnt last long, especially since its made by a company i never heard of.
I want one to last me about a year.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to NEED WOW NOW

Aye, Kage, The iAudio 7 Flash Based MP3 is great. The sound quality is nothing to laugh at. They have 3D sound effects, BBE Sound Enhancments, BBE Bass Enhancements, and MP Enhancements along with a huge ability to fiddle around with sound settings. Also has Pan and EQ Filters as well, not to be confused with EQ settings. All Cowon Players have these enhancements.

http://www.jetmall.net/index.asp?Pag...S&Category=101

There quite good, and it has 60 Hours Audio so that's nothing to laugh at either.

The iAudio 5 is sold at 8GB and is priced at 80$. These however are not to be used for video, as the resolution is extremely low. There just like iPods . . . . but a lot better.

I myself have a Cowon O2 (32GB) and I have to say after listening to it for so long, I can't listen to music off my computer. The sound with the BBE etc is so nice I took out the speaker cable from my computer and plug it into the player for music.

Trust me, if your not an audiophile, these players will make you one. I was appalled by the sound from my computer when I turned on music. There very durable and will last you as long as you don't throw it off a building.

Very nice players!
Consider it!
NEED WOW NOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to esa193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
I think them Ipods are way overpriced for what its actually worth.
i dont think so
i think 200 for an 8g itouch is well worth it

MacArthur wrestling pwns!
esa193 is offline   Reply With Quote