Thinking about DNA ancestry test?

Celery

Golden Master
Don't do it. Trust me. Two things.

One. Anyone who uses your DNA for test/research makes tons of money. You don't.

Two. You may not be who you think you are. It'll shock you.

My twin brother did those DNA ancestry test. What affects my brother affects me alike. We found out that our dad is not our biological father. What made it rough is that two of my older sisters had dad as a biological father.

We all have the same mom but who's our father ?? How did we come into this family?

Needless to tell you, I am shocked and shaken.

That's a shocker for sure Celery. I assume neither of your parents is still alive to ask.

My older sister paid to have the DNA test, I figured we shared the same biological parents so I didn't bother to test my DNA separately. Based on your experience, that might not be a correct assumption on my part. However, I'm not curious enough to spend the money to find out.

Yes, both my parents are deceased. They took their secrets to their graves.

That shit made me wonder WTF is going on with mom.

I think I have it figured it out and my brother and sister agreed. It's funny how when faced with this revelation you remembered some things in your childhood. I remembered Sue and Lyle, my parents' best friends who's always there for us. They were childless and my mom, being graceful, bore us for them.

That begs a question, why didn't we live with them as a family?

It's a certainty now. My brother dug up a VCR tape that was transferred from the reels. It's of us as kids and at one scene on Xmas Lyle and Sue was there.

My niece remarked that I look like Lyle.

Imaging how I felt. I was sitting in my brother's truck with him when he mentioned that he and his wife Susan took the DNA ancestry test.

So what'd you find out? (thinking that we're German, Russian etc). Dad is not our biological father.

I sat looking at him... come again? :eek:

Wouldn't think about it twice.

At any rate, our strict religious law keeps such miscalculations to the minimum if not to certainty. Even adopting is not allowed (but there's another cultural equivalent.

I mean, my parents are my parents. I'm sure of it. I really am. Really... They... :confused:

Yo Cel, stop messing around with our minds, will ya?

Seriously now, what you discovered (provided it's 100% true) does not change the fact that who took care of you have their favors on you, and similarly applies to those who you grew up with at home. Let alone the memories. Not only parents (noun) parent (verb). Here we even have a specific name for those who up-bring us other than out parents (namely the mother). No worries, you're old enough now to accept it specially after they already left to a better place, God bless their souls. If you wanna talk with someone we're here for you, Cel (don't wanna use your real name for privacy). Let it all out, no problem.

Say, how come Judaism is now a race? That's one thing that makes me not trust those DNA tests.

Back
Top Bottom