Things we miss about old CF.

By old CF I mean a year or so ago. Back when Maurice was still mod and rep actually counted for something.

The thing I miss the most is some of the members that no longer visit the forum as frequently. Raffaz, lhuser, mammikoura... Those are the ones that spring to mind. Now the member base is much different. I'm not saying that it is worse, but I am sure that everyone that has been around for a while agrees that CF has changed. It doesn't feel the same. I'm not exactly sure what it is... I can't help but reminisce about old times.

What does everyone else miss?

Jeeze I helped you overclock your first build and didn't even get a mention :confused:

I agree CF is a whole different place and that's part of the reason I rarely post here anymore. I lurk most of the time now.

I haven't been here too terribly long, and TBH, I don't know a few of the names you guys are slinging. However, I do hope some of the current people don't ever leave--especially AR, and Celegorm. Out of everyone, those two have definitely helped me the most and I see them contributing all the time. I also wish ATF was still around more often.

However, David, I know you mentioned "that's how forums go", so can I ask why ~mr. mixx~ is still a mod? He hasn't posted in like 2 months... I'm just wondering because if you haven't noticed that, I thought I'd point it out. It's nice to have mods who contribute...I think we can all think of a few people who would make a good replacement!

Yeah I think its time to remove mr mixx as he obviously isn't on enough

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;909675 said:
Jeeze I helped you overclock your first build and didn't even get a mention :confused:

I agree CF is a whole different place and that's part of the reason I rarely post here anymore. I lurk most of the time now.

How could I forget you!! I just didn't think that you were really gone, you sign on every now and then. I remember those 4 hours we spent overclocking my poor e6600. I think the first rep I ever got was from you too.

Haha, I haven't been on CF for a year or so, so it's fun that this thread was on the front page, mm.. did Brook-something (Maurice) really leave? that's so sad he was the subject of like 50% of the threads in the social lounge back when he was at his prime, haha, and it's a shame that mammi and lhuser don't frequent the site anymore they really knew their stuff, does alvino or kage still come around?

And rep was really hard to get back then! My amount used to be top 20 material, now it's garbage lol

Funny thing is I came here, and I just locked on that thread.

What I really miss is the old theme...I dunno why, but I kind of got hooked to it. Maurice is someone I missed, besides his extremely dramatically speaking (Went for theater playing Maurice? :p) sentences. Old members is what I miss as well, to pitch more fun out of the forum, and, to finish, the older atmosphere, where HL2 was the big thing, along side with FPS doug and the dreaded Pentium Extreme Edition.

Those that do not learn from the events of history are doomed to repeat them. However, those lost in the past are destined to not be able to apply those lessons and move forward.

It's changed, but I'm still here. Something has been lost though. The forum seems a lot less professional now than it did back then, but it may just be me saying that.

Things change, its the way of the world, but us as humans don't personally like a lot of change. Its why we have routines.

Wow it will be two years for me in May. I can't believe that it has gone so fast. I have to agree with what has been said about the members leaving(even though I left for a few months myself).

I will say that I miss the quality posts. The one or two posts that are about how to OC your computer. I know that I don't know a lot about it but I have to say that when I see half the post in the General section asking about OCing then I reminisce of the old days. Don't get me wrong I don't mind the OC posts at all.

That said being a linux guy at heart I am very happy to see more and more threads about linux coming to the forum. When I first joined I was just getting into linux and noticed that next to nobody else was, and it is nice to see other long standing members starting to have a peek at it.

Back
Top Bottom