Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #51
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: They've been released!!!

im just saying the media and government screws with it to make it look like they want it to look like..

you think that kinda stuff doesnt happen in guantamono bay? (sp?) the media over here doesnt talk about that place hardly at all, yet im sure its the same as they were treated over there.. all im saying is that you cannot trust what you read in the media..
__________________

mark thorpe is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:05 AM   #52
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: They've been released!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
im just saying the media and government screws with it to make it look like they want it to look like..

you think that kinda stuff doesnt happen in guantamono bay? (sp?) the media over here doesnt talk about that place hardly at all, yet im sure its the same as they were treated over there.. all im saying is that you cannot trust what you read in the media..
I say again, you're saying that they are liars, that's unacceptable !
__________________

Brookfield is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:11 AM   #53
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: They've been released!!!

no, im not saying they are liars, im saying that the media are screwing with the facts to make it look like what blair wants it to look like.
mark thorpe is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #54
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Angry Re: They've been released!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
no, im not saying they are liars, im saying that the media are screwing with the facts to make it look like what blair wants it to look like.
Excuse all these posts, Blair didn't tell us, and the media didn't "screw the facts," all the army & Marine personnel stood in front of the cameras, live & related this, explain that!!!
Brookfield is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #55
Golden Master
 
Raffaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,798
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: They've been released!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Excuse all these posts, Blair didn't tell us, and the media didn't "screw the facts," all the army & Marine personnel stood in front of the cameras, live & related this, explain that!!!
At the end of the day how can you even comment on this, you werent there! All Mark is saying is that no one knows what happened apart from the people involved. And how do you know that the powers that be havent told them what to say? Once again you werent there.
Raffaz is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #56
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: They've been released!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffaz
At the end of the day how can you even comment on this, you werent there! All Mark is saying is that no one knows what happened apart from the people involved. And how do you know that the powers that be havent told them what to say? Once again you werent there.
I give up, I saw them with my own eyes, I was not hallucinating, their words weren't dubbed, they weren't at gun point, hell, I didn't HAVE to be there!!, but you & Mark think what you want.
Brookfield is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #57
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 225
Default Re: They've been released!!!

If i understood lastnight's TV news correctly, the former hostages have been given permission to sell their stories to the press, is this correct? If so, i find that strange, maybe it's the norm for military personel to do this, i don't know. Good on them if they make money i suppose, but still weird if it is true, in my opinion.

Dan
__________________
------------------------------------------------
itchy feet, when will i settle?
it's the spleeing and grammor in forums that i love
------------------------------------------------
parismouton is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #58
Golden Master
 
Raffaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,798
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: They've been released!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
I give up, I saw them with my own eyes, I was not hallucinating, their words weren't dubbed, they weren't at gun point, hell, I didn't HAVE to be there!!, but you & Mark think what you want.
Did you see them on tv blindfolded etc? No, so how the hell do you know it happened? Anyone can say what they want on tv. Oh, and i wouldnt normally post this type of comment, but theres someone behind me with a gun to my head, now prove im lying
Raffaz is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #59
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: They've been released!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parismouton
If i understood lastnight's TV news correctly, the former hostages have been given permission to sell their stories to the press, is this correct? If so, i find that strange, maybe it's the norm for military personel to do this, i don't know. Good on them if they make money i suppose, but still weird if it is true, in my opinion.

Dan
That's correct, the government said that they had relaxed the rules, as this was considered a special case, considering how they were treated. [yes Mark, they were treated badly]
Personally I think they are creating a possibly dangerous precedent here, how will the level of treatment of future cases be defined, without being considered unfair??
Brookfield is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #60
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: They've been released!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
I give up, I saw them with my own eyes, I was not hallucinating, their words weren't dubbed, they weren't at gun point, hell, I didn't HAVE to be there!!, but you & Mark think what you want.
Yeah but did you see them blindfoloded and in solitary confinment , unless you did how can you be 100% sure that is what happened , i am not saying they are lying i am simply saying you should not believe everything you are told , if i told you i am sat here now and i have a stack of notes equal to 1million pounds would you believe me
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0