Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #51
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: They've been released!!!

im just saying the media and government screws with it to make it look like they want it to look like..

you think that kinda stuff doesnt happen in guantamono bay? (sp?) the media over here doesnt talk about that place hardly at all, yet im sure its the same as they were treated over there.. all im saying is that you cannot trust what you read in the media..

Old 04-08-2007, 08:05 AM   #52
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
im just saying the media and government screws with it to make it look like they want it to look like..

you think that kinda stuff doesnt happen in guantamono bay? (sp?) the media over here doesnt talk about that place hardly at all, yet im sure its the same as they were treated over there.. all im saying is that you cannot trust what you read in the media..
I say again, you're saying that they are liars, that's unacceptable !

Old 04-08-2007, 08:11 AM   #53
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

no, im not saying they are liars, im saying that the media are screwing with the facts to make it look like what blair wants it to look like.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #54
Golden Master

Angry Re: They've been released!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
no, im not saying they are liars, im saying that the media are screwing with the facts to make it look like what blair wants it to look like.
Excuse all these posts, Blair didn't tell us, and the media didn't "screw the facts," all the army & Marine personnel stood in front of the cameras, live & related this, explain that!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #55
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Excuse all these posts, Blair didn't tell us, and the media didn't "screw the facts," all the army & Marine personnel stood in front of the cameras, live & related this, explain that!!!
At the end of the day how can you even comment on this, you werent there! All Mark is saying is that no one knows what happened apart from the people involved. And how do you know that the powers that be havent told them what to say? Once again you werent there.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #56
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffaz
At the end of the day how can you even comment on this, you werent there! All Mark is saying is that no one knows what happened apart from the people involved. And how do you know that the powers that be havent told them what to say? Once again you werent there.
I give up, I saw them with my own eyes, I was not hallucinating, their words weren't dubbed, they weren't at gun point, hell, I didn't HAVE to be there!!, but you & Mark think what you want.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #57
In Runtime

If i understood lastnight's TV news correctly, the former hostages have been given permission to sell their stories to the press, is this correct? If so, i find that strange, maybe it's the norm for military personel to do this, i don't know. Good on them if they make money i suppose, but still weird if it is true, in my opinion.

Dan
------------------------------------------------
Old 04-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #58
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
I give up, I saw them with my own eyes, I was not hallucinating, their words weren't dubbed, they weren't at gun point, hell, I didn't HAVE to be there!!, but you & Mark think what you want.
Did you see them on tv blindfolded etc? No, so how the hell do you know it happened? Anyone can say what they want on tv. Oh, and i wouldnt normally post this type of comment, but theres someone behind me with a gun to my head, now prove im lying
Old 04-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #59
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by parismouton
If i understood lastnight's TV news correctly, the former hostages have been given permission to sell their stories to the press, is this correct? If so, i find that strange, maybe it's the norm for military personel to do this, i don't know. Good on them if they make money i suppose, but still weird if it is true, in my opinion.

Dan
That's correct, the government said that they had relaxed the rules, as this was considered a special case, considering how they were treated. [yes Mark, they were treated badly]
Personally I think they are creating a possibly dangerous precedent here, how will the level of treatment of future cases be defined, without being considered unfair??
Old 04-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #60
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Yeah but did you see them blindfoloded and in solitary confinment , unless you did how can you be 100% sure that is what happened , i am not saying they are lying i am simply saying you should not believe everything you are told , if i told you i am sat here now and i have a stack of notes equal to 1million pounds would you believe me

Closed Thread