Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #41
Baseband Member

Send a message via Yahoo to wannabetechno
Default Re: They've been released!!!

I'm an American and I felt for the Brits who were being held hostage. I can only imagine what their families were going through. My mother is an American who lives in England. This makes my feelings a lot more harsh toward the Iranians. The fact that they took the one female of the group and used her as their propoganda material is outrageous!! How would they feel if we took their daughters or mothers and used them as TV propoganda? Isn't it against the rules of war or the Geneva Convention war rules to publicize captives (or hostages)?

Old 04-07-2007, 11:24 AM   #42
Fully Optimized

Please be aware of propaganda. Isn't it funny that Britain never acknowledged the mission the crew were carrying out while they were in custody?

Isn't it also funny that the British were adamant they were in Iraqi waters, when the official border on that river between Iran and Iraq has never been formally defined, even in Saddam's day? Therefore, Iran and the British sailors were both 100% correct by their own interpretations.

Also, funny how the Blair government whipped up an outcry, and now all these horror stories emerge once the British sailors came home? They were on an intelligence gathering mission to monitor Iranian troop movements. Why shouldn't Iran be pissed off about that? If any country did it to us, or we found terrorists or spies here, the UK would respond in exactly the same way - interrogation is standard practice.

Propaganda. Ignore the lies of the media.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #43
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK31337
Please be aware of propaganda. Isn't it funny that Britain never acknowledged the mission the crew were carrying out while they were in custody?

Isn't it also funny that the British were adamant they were in Iraqi waters, when the official border on that river between Iran and Iraq has never been formally defined, even in Saddam's day? Therefore, Iran and the British sailors were both 100% correct by their own interpretations.

Also, funny how the Blair government whipped up an outcry, and now all these horror stories emerge once the British sailors came home? They were on an intelligence gathering mission to monitor Iranian troop movements. Why shouldn't Iran be pissed off about that? If any country did it to us, or we found terrorists or spies here, the UK would respond in exactly the same way - interrogation is standard practice.

Propaganda. Ignore the lies of the media.
yeah but we wouldnt parade the captives on tv
Old 04-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #44
Baseband Member

No one knew of the true horror of the concentration camps in WWII until they were discovered and information released to the public afterward. Same concept of bad things happen and then people hear about it.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #45
Golden Master

As you all probably know, as it's splashed across every newpaper this morning, they were actually treated very badly, they were all kept in solitary confinement, not just one, as originally thought, then they were lined up against a wall. blindfolded, hands tied, & were told they were going to be executed, & they heard weapons being cocked.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #46
Baseband Member

Their courage should be admired and congratulated while facing a situation that was very dangerous. There is no doubt they were treated very badly. If I'm not mistaken, Britain has confirmed they were in Iraqi waters at the time of their capture.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #47
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabetechno
Their courage should be admired and congratulated while facing a situation that was very dangerous. There is no doubt they were treated very badly. If I'm not mistaken, Britain has confirmed they were in Iraqi waters at the time of their capture.
yeah , some people have said they have conformed to what the iranis want but i dont agree they where subject tomind games and so they dealt with the situation how they saw fit , if the uk government thought they where giving in to the iranis why not get off your arse and do something then mr blair
Old 04-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #48
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

To respond to brookfield's comment first: I see, just wanted to clarify. so this is the third time the Iranians have done this between both of our countries

Its weird how the spec's are different. I've always been wary of what to belive on the media. give me a tape, or satalite imageing from the time of attack showing where they were and i'll make my own judgement.

Either way tho, those prisoners did not deserve that. I know enough about the ganeva convention to know that that is not allowed. Its in-human, and an act of war in my oppinion. If the British were in Iranian waters, taken them prisoner would be understandable. However, that said, they still should not have been treated as bad as they were.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
Old 04-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #49
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

the media always screws with the facts..

the only fact is, we will never know where they were, what they were doing, and how they were treated while in captivity over there, the media and government screws around with the facts, to reflect on what they want people to believe.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #50
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
the media always screws with the facts..

the only fact is, we will never know where they were, what they were doing, and how they were treated while in captivity over there, the media and government screws around with the facts, to reflect on what they want people to believe.
Are you saying then, that all their stories of being tied up, blindfolded. threatened with execution & kept in isolation are all lies, come on!!

Closed Thread