They've been released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well apparantly there are 4 more British soldiers killed today, caught it on the radio earlier.

what is the british death toll up to, if you don't mind me asking? heck, i'm not even sure what teh American death toll is anymore....

celegorm said:
what is the british death toll up to, if you don't mind me asking? heck, i'm not even sure what teh American death toll is anymore....
According to the AP count, 3,246 U.S. service members have died in Iraq since the war began in March 2003.

For the UK it was just over 100 at the end of october. Not sure what its at now.

It has now emerged that one of the 15 was subjected to solitary confinement, now there's a new twist, why the HELL was that done???
No more news on that, at the moment, but what are they playing at?, one of the big problems with Iran is that it isn't governed by one central government, & the different factions don't all have the same opinion, in some areas demonstrations a are allowed, in others, not, what a country, in that respect it is like Iraq, to me it's a wonder why the two countries didn't amicably agree to become one country, years ago, imagine that!! :eek:

On the BBC at this moment the 15 are recounting their ordeals while they were held, one said that at one stage they were blindfolded, their hands tied behind them, & told they were going to be executed & they heard weapons being cocked, when the Iranians were asked about this they denied it had happened, saying it was propaganda invented by Tony Blair, as the questioning continues, what other horrors will come to light??

THE BASTARDS!!! [excuse the language]

Brookfield said:
On the BBC at this moment the 15 are recounting their ordeals while they were held, one said that at one stage they were blindfolded, their hands tied behind them, & told they were going to be executed & they heard weapons being cocked, when the Iranians were asked about this they denied it had happened, saying it was propaganda invented by Tony Blair, as the questioning continues, what other horrors will come to light??

THE BASTARDS!!! [excuse the language]

THat is strangly similar to what the iranians did to the American embasy personal when they tried to escape back when our embasy was taken over in teh 60's or 70's (not sure of teh exact date/year) could it be history repeating itself?

celegorm said:
THat is strangly similar to what the iranians did to the American embasy personal when they tried to escape back when our embasy was taken over in teh 60's or 70's (not sure of teh exact date/year) could it be history repeating itself?
And a very similiar situation happened in 1979 I think it was, that time they were held for 444 days, they were moved often, walking from place to place in the searing heat, across deserts, what short memories our governments have!!, why oh why hasn't Blair mentioned this, the idiot?? :mad:

Does anybody remember this?

Really? they did it to your citizens as well, just on a different occasion? or were both Americans and Brittish in the same embasy? I just want to make sure i'm not confusing my self here with your date and my limited memory of the US situation there.

celegorm said:
Really? they did it to your citizens as well, just on a different occasion? or were both Americans and Brittish in the same embasy? I just want to make sure i'm not confusing my self here with your date and my limited memory of the US situation there.
They were British Forces personnel, as they were this time, that's why I said it was similar, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom