Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:12 PM   #31
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack
Default Re: They've been released!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm
who knows, and lets hope we never have to find out. god knows we are in enough crap right now when it comes to wars.
Agreed.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:15 PM   #32
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Well apparantly there are 4 more British soldiers killed today, caught it on the radio earlier.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:42 AM   #33
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

what is the british death toll up to, if you don't mind me asking? heck, i'm not even sure what teh American death toll is anymore....

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
Old 04-06-2007, 03:56 AM   #34
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
what is the british death toll up to, if you don't mind me asking? heck, i'm not even sure what teh American death toll is anymore....
According to the AP count, 3,246 U.S. service members have died in Iraq since the war began in March 2003.

For the UK it was just over 100 at the end of october. Not sure what its at now.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:41 AM   #35
Golden Master

It has now emerged that one of the 15 was subjected to solitary confinement, now there's a new twist, why the HELL was that done???
No more news on that, at the moment, but what are they playing at?, one of the big problems with Iran is that it isn't governed by one central government, & the different factions don't all have the same opinion, in some areas demonstrations a are allowed, in others, not, what a country, in that respect it is like Iraq, to me it's a wonder why the two countries didn't amicably agree to become one country, years ago, imagine that!!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #36
Golden Master

On the BBC at this moment the 15 are recounting their ordeals while they were held, one said that at one stage they were blindfolded, their hands tied behind them, & told they were going to be executed & they heard weapons being cocked, when the Iranians were asked about this they denied it had happened, saying it was propaganda invented by Tony Blair, as the questioning continues, what other horrors will come to light??

THE BASTARDS!!! [excuse the language]
Old 04-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
On the BBC at this moment the 15 are recounting their ordeals while they were held, one said that at one stage they were blindfolded, their hands tied behind them, & told they were going to be executed & they heard weapons being cocked, when the Iranians were asked about this they denied it had happened, saying it was propaganda invented by Tony Blair, as the questioning continues, what other horrors will come to light??

THE BASTARDS!!! [excuse the language]
THat is strangly similar to what the iranians did to the American embasy personal when they tried to escape back when our embasy was taken over in teh 60's or 70's (not sure of teh exact date/year) could it be history repeating itself?

Old 04-07-2007, 07:14 AM   #38
Golden Master

Quote:
THat is strangly similar to what the iranians did to the American embasy personal when they tried to escape back when our embasy was taken over in teh 60's or 70's (not sure of teh exact date/year) could it be history repeating itself?
And a very similiar situation happened in 1979 I think it was, that time they were held for 444 days, they were moved often, walking from place to place in the searing heat, across deserts, what short memories our governments have!!, why oh why hasn't Blair mentioned this, the idiot??

Does anybody remember this?
Old 04-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #39
Site Team

Really? they did it to your citizens as well, just on a different occasion? or were both Americans and Brittish in the same embasy? I just want to make sure i'm not confusing my self here with your date and my limited memory of the US situation there.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #40
Golden Master

Quote:
Really? they did it to your citizens as well, just on a different occasion? or were both Americans and Brittish in the same embasy? I just want to make sure i'm not confusing my self here with your date and my limited memory of the US situation there.
They were British Forces personnel, as they were this time, that's why I said it was similar, lol.

Closed Thread