Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #21
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: Is there a full moon or something coming?

There was a full moon last weekend and today is Friday the 13th......

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #22
Fully Optimized

I made it myself

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #23
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndsey View Post
do you really think posting this stuff is going to help stop arguing on the forum?
No. But I figured I'd vent here rather then in other people's threads which is what other people have been doing...
Old 03-14-2009, 04:29 AM   #24
Daemon Poster

yeah, ive noticed also... im havent been coming on the forums as often as before because of it either =\ main reason i love these forums is because everyone is like SUPER nice (and its a forum on something i like)
Old 03-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #25
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

yeah, this is the only forum that I go to where people actually help me, and arent jerks about the subjects.
I guess things have changed. As time passes by, technology gets easier to use and be accessed to, which means there will be a lot more kids/trolls getting on.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #26
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
As time passes by, technology gets easier to use and be accessed to, which means there will be a lot more kids/trolls getting on.
I agree. And I think it's part of the current problem. There are so many new members that have come in that think they know everything about anything so they post on every damned thread they can. Now, if they actually KNEW what they were talking about, I wouldn't have a problem with this, but this point of this forum is to help people with their issues, not cause them further problems. I will give one instance without saying names: if normal members (who've been here for a while) recommend to someone that they only need a 800w psu, but some new kid, thinking he's some hot shot, recommends a 1500w psu because he supposedly "knows his stuff", what happens if the OP actually pays that chunk of change for a 1500w and then blows out his damn house wiring? Everyone knows how stupid we'd all look for letting that slide.

So what I'm saying is, if you are new, then linger. Don't trying and post as many times as you can in 5 minutes by "trolling" or starting pointless arguments with members who also know what they are talking about. Stick around for a while, get the hang of things, and contribute to threads in an area you truly are good at. We all have to start somewhere; I know I didn't post 9 million times a day when I first started here...I valued the knowledge others had--and still greatly do--and slowly started to learn and be able to suggest things on my own.

All these new members posting so much is literally driving me insane. It's not that they are new, it's that they came in thinking they would automatically earn everyone's respect by posting craploads and craploads.

That is all.

Once again, [/rant].
Old 03-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #27
Daemon Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
yeah, this is the only forum that I go to where people actually help me, and arent jerks about the subjects.
I guess things have changed. As time passes by, technology gets easier to use and be accessed to, which means there will be a lot more kids/trolls getting on.
I agree with that 500%

CrackerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote