Is there any use of left over built-in rechargeable batteries?

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
They come in some rechargeable devices in a shape of a block with cables connected to each of the poles.

I disassembled (cracked open, actually) a busted rechargeable air pump and found one of those. It's heavy and looks cool.

Should I just get rid of it or is there use for it? Can it be recharged and used somehow?

If the voltage output matches something you need to power then, sure. Best to use whatever charger came with the original device to charge the battery.

Ah, I'm afraid this is all what's left of it:
26815445_1619743334781090_5114942445949562483_n.jpg

It says 12v 3.2Ah
The negative pole has two cables in it.
Do I just connect the two poles to the charger to recharge then connect it to a matching device to run it? That feels weird to me.

Can I recharge it by connecting it to the car's battery in a jump-start setup and does the difference in current hurt? The car's battery is 80A and he alternator is 115A.

it's best to use a trickle charger on this battery. you run the risk of overcharging with the automotive stuff.

it's a pretty small battery.

Like a low amperage wall socket charger?

Should I get one with lower or higher amperage to safely charge, and by how much?

This one does not have a charge indicator. Guess I'll have to make some calculations to follow when I get the charger.

I don't have plans for it now. Any suggestions or is it not worth it?

I don't think you can do much with it. Simply because the metal contacts of the device oxidize slowly over time and once this coating becomes thick enough electrons can't flow any further.

Back
Top Bottom