Theory time

Yeah, it is. I've booked it for the 16th May, at like 11am. For one thing, I shouldn't hit that much traffic :p

Ohh, Theory time.

If this theory is theoretically just a theory, then theoretically, which theory about that theory is correct?

Lol, I know its not that kind of philisophical theroy, but good luck! :)

whoops.. lol..

I have a lot of things on my mind right now.. I guess I just didn't feel like actually reading the entire thread, I only glanced over it...

Well okay :p

I passed with the full 50 marks and 65 out of 75 for the hazard perception, and practical is booked for May 16th

the theory is easy you'll pass first time and i know a girl that failed her practical driving test by driving over a roundabout within the first two mins. crazy i know and hard to believe but her boyfrined a very good friend of mine insures me that it is true. infact the driving examiner had to get out of the car and check it over for damage

LOL! :D

That's one of the funniest things I have heard.

They recently started using those things in town, I love them. Nothing like hitting a tiny roundabout at 35 mph and burning through before granny even knows what's going on. :p

What do you need a driving school for Kage? Just hope in a car and go! Just curious what all you guys have to go through to get your license over there?

I know in the states the laws have changed since I started driving. I had my permit (Simple 15 question test) 30 days before I turned 16 then took my test (Driving Part = Parallel park and drive around a few blocks) on my 16th birthday.

I think you have to have a permit for 6 months now before you can get your license. Haha sucks for you guys. I know back then I couldn't stand 30 days driving with my mom.

The only thing special I did was take driver safety course after school for a few hours to get a 15% discount on my insurance.

To drive in the UK, you need to be 17 years or over.

You need to then ask for a provisional licence at the Post Office.
They give you a form, you fill it, and you have some new passport photos done.
You then give it back with a fee of like 40 quid or whatever it was and they send it off .

You are then, once recieving the licence able to start lessons, though you have to find your own instructor who is part of a driving school, but I don't think its anything like you have down there, as part of a grade or something.
My dad could for example teach me, BUT, I'm not insured with his car, so he's unable to.

My instructor just comes to my house at a prebooked date (Usually Wednesdays), and I drive, and drive myself back to my house after.

The Provisional doesn't allow you to practise driving on motorways, or drive on your own, and you must be accompined by someone over the age of 21, and has been driving for 3 or more years.

Once I pass my test, that licence will be upgraded to a full licence, which will permit me to drive on my own, and on motorways.

I'll probably do the Pass Plus scheme that comes after, which tests you on motorways, and as a result lowers your insurance premiums, since they will be expensive considering I'm young, and a starter driver.

Back
Top Bottom