Texan thwarts burglary in England

Brookfield

Golden Master
A Beatles fan at his home in Dallas was using live webcam sites in England to see if he could find anything about the group, when he accidentally linked up to the CCTV system in a district in Liverpool near the Cavern Club, & saw three men breaking into a building, he found the number for the local police, & rang, resulting in their capture, the Liverpool bobbies at first thought it was a hoax, & rang him back to verify, ten minutes later, the thieves were caught when they emerged with bags of sports clothing worth thousands.
Extract; Daily Mail, Saturday, August 26, 2006

DJ-CHRIS said:
Amazing, how did he link into a closed CCTV system?

It was probably a public webcam.

I've been to that part of Liverpool. It's on Mathew Street, basically Beatles Heartland - their first performances were there, their local pub was there etc. So it's very likely it'll have a public webcam. I'll go back some day, "There are places I'll remember..." and all that.

Spot the Beatles fan :D

DJ-CHRIS said:
Amazing, how did he link into a closed CCTV system?
The report only said accidentally, they were confused as to how he managed it, perhaps it wasn't CCTV, just a run of the mill live webcam site.

UK31337 said:
It was probably a public webcam.

I've been to that part of Liverpool. It's on Mathew Street, basically Beatles Heartland - their first performances were there, their local pub was there etc. So it's very likely it'll have a public webcam. I'll go back some day, "There are places I'll remember..." and all that.

Spot the Beatles fan :D
Spot on!! it was Mathew Street, meet another fab four fan, they were the best!!

Back
Top Bottom