Testasorone

LOL I think it would be more like estrogen is a depressant....ROFL

I always hear of more depressed women than men...:D:D

But to answer your question I don't think there is a link at all between the two. If you are meaning depression due to steroid use I don't think there is a link between the 2 but I could be wrong.

As a premed student, I have to say that your question makes absolutely no medical sense.

Then I hope you don't ever become my doctor..

Dopamine(norepinephrine, epinephrine, neurotransmitter) is usually anxety, sleep, mood (depression), attention span, and even learning.
Serotonin(also a neurotransmitter) is from my knowledge (have talked it over with a lot of doctors include a very highly paid chemical/meds doctor) Plays a huge rule in anger, aggression (can be also effected by testosterone), and mood.

I have very low balance of both, so I actually have to talk pills for them.

Testosterone is.. Eh. Not really much to do with either.
I suppose if you had more/less testosterone it could play a role in your attitude in the long run. But directly leading to it, no.

So to answer your question, no not really more of serotonin and dopamine.

Does depression fall into the testasorone catergorie ?
im just saying does it fall into your testasorone because agressiveness does so ya ?????

What the hell are you on about?

Do low test. levels cause depression? Is that what you're trying to say? I would be very depressed, yes. :D

Then I hope you don't ever become my doctor.

I meant that his question makes no logical or grammatical sense. I still stand by that fact.

Testosterone is.. Eh. Not really much to do with either.

Exactly what I said but phrased in a more politically correct fashion.

My question is, Does depression fall into the testasorone catergorie ?

Testosterone is a steroid hormone.

Depression, or as it is called in medicine clinical depression, is a psychological disorder.

I still fail to see how this question makes any sense.

lol well im not talking about drugs here or anything,

So that rules out you asking if testosterone is a treatment. Still no idea what you meant.

im just saying does it fall into your testasorone because agressiveness does so ya ?????

Aggressiveness is to some degree caused by a large amount of testosterone. The cholesterol that is contained in the testes of men becomes testosterone in the Leydig cells. The secretion of testosterone might in some cases translate to aggression.

However, most of the time testosterone is a key hormone in the life of males. It has many health benefits, and helps the body ward off a disease that causes bones to be extremely brittle (osteoporosis).

Depression on the other hand is a bit of an unknow ailment. Today, it is treated by synthesized serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine. When the amount of these neurotransmitters is increased, the person feels better- but that is about as far as modern research has taken us.

There is no clear-drawn medical relationship between depression and testosterone levels.

This falls under the testosterone category:

carcjq.jpg

I meant that his question makes no logical or grammatical sense. I still stand by that fact.

Exactly what I said but phrased in a more politically correct fashion.

Testosterone is a steroid hormone.

Depression, or as it is called in medicine clinical depression, is a psychological disorder.

I still fail to see how this question makes any sense.

So that rules out you asking if testosterone is a treatment. Still no idea what you meant.

Aggressiveness is to some degree caused by a large amount of testosterone. The cholesterol that is contained in the testes of men becomes testosterone in the Leydig cells. The secretion of testosterone might translate to aggression.

However, most of the time testosterone is a key hormone in the life of males. It has many health benefits, and helps the body ward off a disease that causes bones to be extremely brittle (osteoporosis).

Depression on the other hand is a bit of an unknow ailment. Today, it is treated by synthesized serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine. When the amount of these neurotransmitters is increased, the person feels better- but that is about as far as modern research has taken us.

How does saying the "question doesn't make sense" answer it at all?
You don't describe why it doesn't make sense or even attempt to understand what he meant at all. You may have all your "premed" information.. You sir fail when it comes to people skills... At least in this thread.

How does saying the "question doesn't make sense" answer it at all?

Why are you attacking me for no reason?

His question made absolutely no sense. I stated that fact. I am sorry but I cannot answer a question that does not make sense. I further elaborated in my second post which you seem to have failed to read.

You don't describe why it doesn't make sense or even attempt to understand what he meant at all. You may have all your "premed" information.. You sir fail when it comes to people skills... At least in this thread.

Why would I attempt to decipher a poorly thought out question? If he truly wanted it answered he would have put in more time and asked it in the right fashion.

No need to make personal attacks vampist.

Why are you attacking me for no reason?

His question made absolutely no sense. I stated that fact. I am sorry but I cannot answer a question that does not make sense. I further elaborated in my second post which you seem to have failed to read.

Why would I attempt to decipher a poorly thought out question? If he truly wanted it answered he would have put in more time and asked it in the right fashion.

No need to make personal attacks vampist.

I'm not attacking you, I'm simply saying. You could have put more into your response, especially as a Moderator. Being a mod, you are expected to make useful posts.

I wouldn't personally ever attack you man. As you know from the "favorite mod" thread. You, AR, and Celegorm are my Favorite mods.

As long as we're good, I'm happy.

I might have been slightly harsh with my answer, but I do believe that people need to think their threads through before posting them. I am not only a mod, I am also a user of this forum just like everyone else and have a right to voice my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom