Tech Support

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
HP's Tech support.

Have any of you guys ever used thier Chat support? Man, If not, Get on it, I haven't laughed so hard in my life. These guys are amazing, Their knowledge base is what I knew in the 4th grade.

What really pisses me off is a while back the HD took a crap on this computer, So I called HP up and they said they could send me the Recovery CDs, but also told me that thier CDs would ONLY work in another HD the Exact same size that came with the computer. I thought this was BS and went out and bought a Larger HD, and also XP, because I had to, because thiers won't work in my larger HD. Can you believe this guy told me that was a lie, and no matter the size of my drive, thier Cd's will work.

AmericanSensei :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I tested SBC internet tech support..
Just for giggles, I called and said the internet wasn't working.. (my mothers house)

he's telling me he can connect to the modem so it's fine But I Tell him there's no internet.. He tells me to do stuff,, I tell him ok, cause I see what he wants me to do in my head.. But I'm playing pinball at the moment.

Soon he starts to get fustrated on not solving the problem.. So I tell him I'm gonna try some stuff. He tells me on but let me before you do anything..

I tell him that the internet is working now.. I can browse.. He asked me what I did.. I told him I pushed the "Scroll Lock" button..

I asked if I push the Scroll lock button would that stop the internet form connecting...

He actually told me that it can sometimes.. and Recommended if it happens again to press that button again....

HAHA.. the things I used to do when I'm bored..

Now for My service.. Charter communications..

Internet working fine.. then nothing..... I do what I can so I figure it the modem.. I call tech support and and he wants me to do everything that I have already done.. Just by chance I'm browsing through my Modem and network manual and I see he's reading from the same book that comes with the network card.. I start reading along with him and he stops..
I tell him I can read the book to.. Finally after that he transfers me to a different tech agent who was able to find touble with my line.. 20 minutes later internet was back on.

One day i called dell tech support. Let me tell you what a joke it was. I called to get a keyboard replaced on a laptop about a month after i received it. It had to be replaced 3 times before this it was DOA. So i sent it in. So I am watching TV and i get this call...."Hey this is dell tech support. We took apart your computer and we found that coffee was split in and short circuited it. I told him i hated coffee and that it was blasphemy that he would say that. So he said there was nothing he could do. So he sent it back and i opened the box...Tried to use it and it worked fine and has worked ever since. Its amazing how stupid someone can be. And for the remark about the coffee i never even drank around it and never spilled anything on it. Lol damn UPS and their coffee.

AmericanSensei said:
HP's Tech support.

Have any of you guys ever used thier Chat support? Man, If not, Get on it, I haven't laughed so hard in my life. These guys are amazing, Their knowledge base is what I knew in the 4th grade.

What really pisses me off is a while back the HD took a crap on this computer, So I called HP up and they said they could send me the Recovery CDs, but also told me that thier CDs would ONLY work in another HD the Exact same size that came with the computer. I thought this was BS and went out and bought a Larger HD, and also XP, because I had to, because thiers won't work in my larger HD. Can you believe this guy told me that was a lie, and no matter the size of my drive, thier Cd's will work.

AmericanSensei :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's funny.. that exact problem happened to me.. and I got rid of it thru court and got an awesome dell

Good stuff guys... dude, I chatted one time with gateway's support, asking for advice on how to OC, man! It was hilarious... the woman was dumbfounded for a second, and had to ask me what oc'ing was. She thought I was making a joke... and that "OC" stood for Orange County! I was like... wtf? So i told her... overclocking! and she was like... ok, I don't know. Let me get my supervisor. Then the supervisor came on, told me the OC'ing was not recommend on any gateways and that he would not tell me because it would void my warranty. man... give me a break. Then he was like, ok, oc'ing is bad for your computer. It will wear it down. it can actually cause your comptuer to slow down so much that it won't respond! I was thinking, ok...... and then he just asked me to not do it and left... wow! what a day...

[qoute]That's funny.. that exact problem happened to me.. and I got rid of it thru court and got an awesome dell[/quote]

I want to shot you.

But yea I bet most of those tech support guys I just reading out of a book. One ady i'm going save up and call norton tech supprt (DB you know what I wanna say) but figure it'd be inapporite. Its like 29.99 for each time you call them.

Lol i TRIED HP tech support... So now i have a computer with out its recovery CDs because theres none in New Zealand

Back
Top Bottom