Talk!!!

? pc and macs r the same! personal computers! and now your questune, macks have better hardware for yousing hi teck grafical programs and things tike that but normal 'pc's' have good software to make up word prosesing and things like that but got kaky hardware u see what i mean. and the next time u call me a husy ill call u a uni black kap OK!

The problem of course is that a Hussy is an insult (although it is in jest!) and a University Black Cap is a Compliment!

Better Hardware in a Mac! I doubt that a lot! They can't even make their processors fast enough to put one in at Intel's Power - they need to stick two together to make it as fast!

ramonesrock6903 said:
Hey let talk about.... I should of had a good idea what this thread was for before i made it. Tell what kind of computer you have and wat your running. im running Suse Unix Profesional 7.2

Ok sure. :)

Main computer :

2.4 GHz Intel Celeron Processor
Windows XP Home ( might upgrade to Pro if I can be arsed )
512MB DDR RAM
80BG Hard Drive
CD Writer 52x
DVD ROM Drive
Floppy Drive (Standard)
ATI Radeon 9200 Graphics Card

Not astounding, but it does it's job pretty damn well :)

2nd Computer :

Intel Pentium 1 166Mhz Processor
Windows 98 SE
32MB RAM
810MB Hard Drive (I know, it's so massive! :eek: )
4x CD ROM (Was lower but upgraded to something less shit)
Floppy Drive (Standard)

Meh, VERY old system that does it's own thing, in relatively good shape.

3rd Computer :

Pentium II MMX 233 MHz Processor
Windows 95
64MB RAM
Hard Drive size is a total mystery, if you wanna know why then ask.
4x CD ROM Drive
Floppy Drive (Standard)

Dunno what HD has got, which is really retarded. As above, does it's thing, pretty speedy once I got my hands on it ;)

----------------------------------

There ya go ( Note: The 3rd computer is the DELL that was given to me by my neightbour)

- Rocker -

David Lindon said:
Why is the hard drive size a mystery?

Well, for some reason, the computer thinks that it has 3 hard drives. Yup. 3. Each with 1.99GB space. I'm slightly doubtful that it has 3 hard drives. It wouldn't have been upgraded in any way because the previous owner just used it, and didn't have interest in increasing it's performance. Now, I checked the "3" hd's through My Computer. D: and E: had hardly anything on them. A recycle bin, and some other random junk. C: was the main HD, with all the main files etc.

Your probably gonna say "Why don't you take it apart and see how amny HD's it has". One problem. You'd need a 20 Pound sledgehammer to get into it. The screws are in dodgy places, one of them I can't even get to.

Being Windows 95, I am aware that you can let windows set up other partitions of the same hard drive. I dunno wether this was done (I doubt it - again, the previous owner wouldn't have had any interest in doing such a thing) or wether this thing really does have 3 drives, each 1.99GB space. Now if it does, I get the joy of having a comp with under 6GB space. If these are partitions, then what? Does that mean I have 6GB space or 1.99GB HD? It even let me format both D: and E: drives, while running Windows because they both weren't being used ... Any ideas?

*confuzzled*

- Rocker -

David Lindon said:
Very interesting!

Indeed, but very annoying too ... I have no idea what size HD I'm working with here ... It would help if I knew how many HD's I had in that thing ... but I'd need to hire a bulldozer. BTW - Viva La Bam on at 10:30 I think on MTV ... You HAVE to watch it. It is one of the funniest things ever.

Rocker said:
Well, for some reason, the computer thinks that it has 3 hard drives. Yup. 3. Each with 1.99GB space. I'm slightly doubtful that it has 3 hard drives. It wouldn't have been upgraded in any way because the previous owner just used it, and didn't have interest in increasing it's performance. Now, I checked the "3" hd's through My Computer. D: and E: had hardly anything on them. A recycle bin, and some other random junk. C: was the main HD, with all the main files etc.

Your probably gonna say "Why don't you take it apart and see how amny HD's it has". One problem. You'd need a 20 Pound sledgehammer to get into it. The screws are in dodgy places, one of them I can't even get to.

Being Windows 95, I am aware that you can let windows set up other partitions of the same hard drive. I dunno wether this was done (I doubt it - again, the previous owner wouldn't have had any interest in doing such a thing) or wether this thing really does have 3 drives, each 1.99GB space. Now if it does, I get the joy of having a comp with under 6GB space. If these are partitions, then what? Does that mean I have 6GB space or 1.99GB HD? It even let me format both D: and E: drives, while running Windows because they both weren't being used ... Any ideas?

*confuzzled*

- Rocker -

Some Computer Manufacturers build PCs with Partitions on them - my old Gateway PC had a 2GB and a 6 GB on the same Hard Drive for some unknown reason! I can't imagine them bothering to put 3 on there though! Windows 95 too? 6GB and Windows 95? I doubt that if the person doesn't upgrade - maybe the Computer has just fluffed up!

I know what you mean about Dell Cases! I can't imagine one 6-8 Years old but the one we got in to the Computer Shop ages ago was a Dell and by god was that a fat bastard! The bloody side opened on big circular hinges which flapped open and couldn't be taken off! It had the bloody drive tray clipper which needed to be taken off and put back on again to the new CD Writer! But by god was that bloody thing build for war! I could take it into a Naval Battle and use it as body armour against huge Japanese 18inchers!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Some Computer Manufacturers build PCs with Partitions on them - my old Gateway PC had a 2GB and a 6 GB on the same Hard Drive for some unknown reason! I can't imagine them bothering to put 3 on there though! Windows 95 too? 6GB and Windows 95? I doubt that if the person doesn't upgrade - maybe the Computer has just fluffed up!

I know what you mean about Dell Cases! I can't imagine one 6-8 Years old but the one we got in to the Computer Shop ages ago was a Dell and by god was that a fat bastard! The bloody side opened on big circular hinges which flapped open and couldn't be taken off! It had the bloody drive tray clipper which needed to be taken off and put back on again to the new CD Writer! But by god was that bloody thing build for war! I could take it into a Naval Battle and use it as body armour against huge Japanese 18inchers!

Dell Cases are an out and out a pain in the ass. That thing needs 2 people just to take one of the sides off .... unless I actually decide to go at it with a quite large sledgehammer and fuck the internals up ... As for the partitioning problem, I have it mostly sorted. A *aquired* a Windows 95 disc ... simple using the FDisk program it comes with and a reinstall of 95 should solve the whole problem.

Back
Top Bottom