switching majors ? / college advice

raccooonist

Beta member
Im becoming a freshman in college in a couple of months (cant wait), im currently working as an intern in a company downtown (semi high end engineering/manufacturing office) and i just discussed some career options with the head IT dude, and he said that i should really really really take a business class and i was looking around for some majors and they have Management of Information Systems, it sounds great since its a mix of finance and IT / computer science (that just sounds awesome). I already understand that ima prob have to stay an extra year to get an MBA but i don't mind (loans should be payed off by first year when i graduate irregardless)....

gonna talk to career advisor and see if its a good change, but just wanted to know what misc thinks / advice for college

cliffs

-going to be a freshman in college (4 year school, inb4 shoulda taken community college)
-major is computer science (what i signed up as at least (not to certain if i want))
-deciding on switching to Management of Information Systems (MIS)

would love your advice

your thoughts on switching ?

Also would appreciate some college advice, i already plan on signing up for whatever athletics they have, rugby, basketball, football, weightlifting, whatever its for socializing

1. Get involved somehow on campus (athletics are good)
2. Be prepared to see all kinds of new things and meet new people with all their own quirks and personalities - that might clash with your own.
3. Enjoy it. After college it's the real world and while that's fun, you'll always wish you could go back to your college life (no matter how hard the classes seem, the overall experience will be what you miss).

Back
Top Bottom